14: Reggaeton Lento

After the initial shock and laughing on Adam's side, Kalo eventually came out of the bathroom with Dimitri following behind. Some perverted and inappropriate remarks from Adam later, Kalo finally agreed to lend some of her clothes for clubbing.

Fiona had been standing by in the corner, hopelessly watching the whole thing while trying to convince herself this wasn't completely crazy. She was already regretting saying yes to this, but by the time Adam had gotten the clothes from Kalo, it felt too late to change her mind.

Therefore, with Adam waiting outside the bathroom stall, Fiona quickly changed into a red salsa dress from Kalo's pile. As for shoes, she was lucky that Kalo used the same size and borrowed her a couple of modest heels. She hoped she wouldn't break them trying to dance like they did.

"Have fun tonight, alright?" Kalo said as she loosened Fiona's bun from her head and let her curls fall free in a haphazard mess around her face. She sprayed something on them that made them shine, then grinned at her through the mirror. "Good luck with him. Man, you'll need it."

Then, without further explanation, she and Fiona came out of the bathroom to a waiting Adam who stood leaned up against the railings to the staircase. He looked up from his tapping foot on the floor and laid eyes on Fiona.

"Oh, shit," He said, smiling slowly. "Shit, shit, shit. I'm not sure I'm authorized to take you out like that. I'm only one guy."

Kalo rolled her eyes dramatically, but then urged Fiona towards him. "Seriously. Good luck."

Adam chuckled and slung an arm around Fiona. Then, leading her down the stairs, he gave her a glance. "Do you trust me that I'll make sure that tonight will be fun? Say no and I won't hold it agains you."

Fiona took a deep breath and looked down at her getup. She had come this far, so what was the point of going back now? She might as well get it over with. "I somewhat trust you."

Adam's grin broadened. "Good enough. I'll take it. Let's go, tutu. Shit, you're going to knock them dead in that dress."

~~~

The second they walked into the Latin club, the booming music hit them. Fiona dropped her jaw and gawked as Adam pulled her inside with an amused grin.

The vibe in the club was so lit and so alive, everyone was moving and dancing to the music almost without stopping. The crowd was thick, the people were nearly impossible to get through, and the air was so humid you felt like you were walking into a sauna. Everyone's skin glistened and made everyone in the room seem like they were glowing. Fiona felt completely overwhelmed, but Adam seemed to know what to do.

He very quickly led them along the side of the room, around the dance floor where couples were dancing all different kinds of dances. Fiona could recognize a few basic steps here and there, some batchata, a little salsa... and a few dancing reggaeton; It was impossible to miss those couples. They were practically grinding publicly on the dance floor.

And they looked good while doing it.

"This way," Adam chuckled at her shocked expression. Her mouth was probably hanging half open. She quickly closed it and let him lead her on.

There was no such thing as an empty space in the club, but Adam managed to find a less crowded area of the dance floor and immediately pulled her to his chest. Fiona gasped, but Adam just smiled and caught her hips.