8: The Way You Make Me Feel

On Sundays, Fiona's mom dragged her to church. The service started at 9.15, which meant she couldn't make it to the studio until 10.30, at least. As much as she liked church, time was just too sparse for her these days. The second the sermon was done, Fiona had said goodbye to her mom and gotten on the first bus to the DanceDec.

Arriving late and still in her church dress and shoes, Fiona walked in and looked around, hoping to find Adam and apologize for being late. It was that morning that she had realized that she didn't have any way of contacting him – didn't even know his last name to look him up in the phone book. She had been so focused on dancing and keeping to herself, she hadn't even bothered to ask.

Then again, neither had he.

Hearing Latin music suddenly playing from upstairs, Fiona looked up and curiously followed it. She noticed a few other people had gathered around the studio's door and were peaking inside. She quickly ran upstairs and joined them, shuffling closer to get a peak at what was happening.

The second she glanced inside, Fiona lost her breath and dropped her jaw. Adam and Kalo were there, Kalo in a red dress and Adam not in his usual gray sweats and black shirt, but a pair of black dress trousers and a white top. They were standing intimately, Kalo pressed up against Adam's chest and Adam looking down over her shoulder. The music played and they both moved.

Fiona watched. Kalo looked drop dead gorgeous, her body plump with curves accentuated by the tightly fitted dress with a loose skirt. She wore heels and had her hair pinned to one side. She danced like she had never done anything else in her life and moved perfectly in beat with Adam who now twirled her around.

They met, face to face, and Fiona watched as Adam lowered her body, bending her backwards with the help of his hand. Kalo tilted her head back, and as she did, Adam lowered his own towards her chest, his other hand running up her stomach to her cleavage slowly, then down again, sensually.

Fiona held her breath and felt something inside her stir from watching the two of them dance. She couldn't rip her eyes off of them; There was something different that happened today as Adam danced. Usually when he danced, he was happy and goofy, but this piece was... intense. And Adam played the part perfectly.

His face was set in stone, his brows furrowed in a way that made Fiona feel his passion and anger as he harshly twirled Kalo away, barely catching her on her wrist as she whipped away. He pulled her tightly towards him again and cupped her face, before jerking it to the side and leaning in. Kalo seemed distraught, yet emotionless. She kept her cool as Adam released her and let her take a stride across the floor, circling back to him in a taunt.

His hand shot out, but she turned away from it. In synchronized movements, his hand then dropped and hers lifted instead, pressing her palm to his chest as he advanced and she backed away. Finally, he grabbed her arm and pulled her to his body again, twirling her around. They then ventured into a dueling tango that left Fiona speechless, had she wanted to talk. But she didn't.

Those steps said it all.

Fiona couldn't help but feel her stomach tighten slightly in anxiousness at Adam's serious face. His skin shone with sweat, but he dominated the dance, tossing Kalo around and lowering her like she was a doll, but then softening at the slightest movement from her side. He portrayed the battle of lust and love and it sent shivers through Fiona's body.

He really danced a little of everything. More than a little, she would say.

The dance finally came to a spiraling end as the music dropped and Kalo ended against his chest, caught in his arms, but her face turned away with a statuesque pose. Adam's was harsh and angry, and not a soul spoke as the music ended. Everyone was too stunned to speak, including Fiona.