Part 16

Look for a surprise at the end of chapter!

________________________________________

Shillong was the immaculate paradigm of the word 'picturesque'. Every bit of stress and emotional turbulence that Khushi and Arnav seemed to have experienced had vanished away into the thin air as they took in the surreal beauty of Shillong and its hills.

The accommodation Arnav had offered to Khushi was located atop a hill and had offered scenic view from almost all the windows. Khushi was sure that she would not be missing her old home and city too much while she was surrounded by such divine landscape.

"Khoosi, this is Swati Aunty. She literally brought me up from my childhood. Aunty, this is Khoosi, I mean Khushi," said Arnav, stopping midway, unable to name their relationship in a way which would placate both Swati and Khushi.

"Good morning, Aunty," said Khushi with a smile gracing her lips. Arnav was pleasantly surprised to see Khushi addressing Swati like him.

"Good Morning, Arnav and Khushi. I hope you did not have any trouble while traveling here," greeted Swati affectionately.

"Aunty, show her the master bedroom. I will freshen up and be back," said Arnav.

"Master bedroom? It's your right to stay there. I cannot stay in that room," said Khushi, unable to stay in a room which might have been shared my Rati and Arnav in the past. She just did not want to take over something which might have a lot of emotional value to Arnav.

"I will be coming here just for a few days, Khoosi. You need comfort and the best this time around. Master bedroom has an intercom and has every kind of security measure added to it. At least for my peace of mind that you would be comfortable, please don't refuse," he requested, knowing well that Khushi could not refuse anything which would give happiness to him.

"If you say so," accepted Khushi, finally giving up, despite a part of her heart fighting against her.

"Thank you. Aunty, if you don't mind," prompted Arnav, as Swati took over, smiling at them affectionately.

Swati began leading the way towards the lift to reach the floor on which the master bedroom was located, which Khushi realized was second, after Swati pressed a button with '2' printed on.

"I don't know what relationship you share with him or why he brought you here, Khushi. I don't even know if I am supposed to tell you this or not but this is the happiest I have seen him since he got into a relationship with Rati. He is almost like a son to me, so thank you so much for bringing happiness into his life as your name indicates," said Swati with a motherly smile.

"Since the beginning of their relationship? Everyone knew about their relationship?" questioned Khushi, gulping down her pain as she spoke about their relationship. She was not aware that Arnav's family was aware of their relationship since the inception of it.

"In fact, it was pre-planned one, dear. Arnav's parents, god bless them, they loved Arnav a lot but sometimes it looked like they loved their status more. Rati's father was a client of the company founded by Arnav's father. Mr and Mrs. Raizada wanted Arnav and Rati to be in a relationship so that the business ties could deepen and they could flourish," answered Swati, moving out of the lift as it stopped at second floor, closely followed by Khushi.

"I cannot believe! They asked their teenage son and daughter to get into a relationship!" exclaimed Khushi, rolling her eyes in disbelief.

"Initially, the plan was just to be friends but later Arnav fell for Rati and the rest, as they say, is history but the Raizadas were very happy by the happenings," revealed Swati, a weak smile on her lips as she opened the password-locked door of the master bedroom as Khushi lost herself in thoughts.