Chapter 6

Silver eyes crinkled around the edges as the owner of those eyes slowly moved the supplies into different boxes. These fools don't even know I'm down here. That will have to change. Slowly she climbed back up to the deck, only to be met with swords and a pistol in her face. 

"I - I don't know who you are, but you're going to the captain!" The boy was young and scared. 

She smiled a nasty smile and raised her hands, "Well of course. Let's go meet the captain."

Jim watched his men bring up the prisoner with a scowl

Jim watched his men bring up the prisoner with a scowl. Something told him he knew this person, but where would he know some skinny thief from? The new kid stopped in front of him like he was some Navy commander. 

"Whatcha got there?" Jim coughed to clear his throat and almost choked when the prisoner spoke.

"One mildly irritated woman who wants to know why her ship looks like shit."

Jim quickly pulled off the hat that had so carefully hidden her face and stared at gleaming silver eyes.

Jack was bent over the map, quietly trying to find a course when a cry rose up from the deck. With a jerk, he looked up to The Silver Ghost coming towards them.

He scoffed quietly, his Pearl might be the fastest ship on the seven seas, but her Ghost would always be the quietest, known for sneaking up and robbing people blind before they knew she had arrived.

Jack watched as Jim stood at the helm with a bright grin.

"I'm captain no more," he yelled to Jack. "She found us on some no-name island just south o' here! She be up in a min'!"

Jack felt like his face was going to split in two, his smile was so large. He was ashamed to admit he had given up hope a few years back. It just didn't seem possible that they would ever find her. Now she was just feet away from him.

He could feel his heart racing as he caught the first glimpse of her iconic hat. Then he saw silver eyes, that although duller than they had been in years past, still shone with the look of a pirate. She was scared now, he could see it from where he stood. The guards had obviously tried to mar her face past recognition, but they had failed. Jack would recognize her even when she was dead.

Selene watched him carefully, but couldn't find the heart racing feeling she used to get

Selene watched him carefully, but couldn't find the heart racing feeling she used to get. She couldn't find the nerves or the butterflies. She was numb to him and that should've broken her heart, but it didn't. She watched him come towards her and she felt a horrible sadness. She was getting his hopes up for nothing. Soon she would be dead and he would be mourning, but she let him have his happiness for the time being.

"Jack," she said softly. "Long time no see."

She watched the way he smiled so happily and then she felt it. The gut-wrenching feeling of sadness that she had been missing just moments before. She forced herself to push it away though. She forced herself to find some good in her heart and bring it to her face while she pushed the sadness and foreboding deep down.

"Let's go on an adventure shall we Jackie?"

She was going to regret this.