2 | little like the moonlight

' joined together with a magic wand '

MUSIC FILLED THE AIR WITHOUT EFFORT. It soared through the air like an eagle on an up-draft, taking with it the very souls of the listening audience. They ascended together in a magical flight to the heavens, a breathtaking melody of orchestral exuberance. Then after the crescendo, they dived back down, giddy, their breath was stolen from their bodies until all that was left was the silence there was at the beginning. It was a shared journey that held them together.

Sitting in one of the music rooms, a young silver-haired male was by the piano, his fingers skilfully dancing across it. His touch was light for he didn't need much effort to play the ivory white and black keys on the piano.

Standing next to him and the grand sleek black structure, a young brown-haired female wore a smile as her eyes lit up with joy. They shined with an innocence, one that resembled that of a child walking into a room full of candy.

Mia Mitchell lived for music. If she could hear it played live she'd begin to tingle, even for a solitary instrument. There was something about the vibrations that felt so heavenly as if it were liquid energy seeping right through her skin. Her mother said it was because she was young, that her mind was still young, but Mia swore she'd be just the same way when she got older. Perhaps that's why she learnt to play so well because she enjoyed listening to its breathtaking sounds.

The two friends locked eyes, nodding their heads as wide smiles took over their facial features. Mia's eyes fluttered shut, inhaling a big breath before she sang out the lyrics of their song.

"The sun is setting,
And you're right here by my side.
And the movie is playing,
But we won't be watching tonight."

Her voice was as soft as white feathers peacefully falling down. It enchanted those that heard it, people from all around coming over to the music room in which they stood in. The students that stood in the room were enchanted by their song.

"Every look, every touch,
Makes me wanna give you my heart.
I'd be crushin' on you, baby,
Stay the way you are."

"Cause I never knew, I never knew,
You could hold moonlight in your hand.
'Til the night I held you,
You are my moonlight.
Moonlight."

Her voice was smooth and clear, quiet yet powerful. Soothing, in a way. It was like a promise of tomorrow. It was beautiful, and the teenagers that watched wished that she would never stop.

"I kiss his fingertips,
As I'm wishing he's all mine.
He's giving me Elvis
With some James Dean in his eyes."

Ethan and Aiden stood at the back of the room, the two ditching their class to come watch their mate sing for the first time. They had heard from other people that Mia had an amazing voice, one that sounded like the angels descending from heaven and their curiosity sparked. Once they heard that she was going to perform with Sebastian, they were furious but they wouldn't want to pass up the opportunity of hearing her voice.

"Puts his lips on my neck,
Makes me want to give him my body.
I'd be fallin' for you, baby,
And I just can't stop."

As Sebastian played, he couldn't help but wish that these lyrics were towards him for he had grown to fancy the innocent brunette quite a bit, along with his sister. Unfortunately, they both knew Mia had mates, it was obvious with the way she would act around the other twins in the year.

They had heard of the prophecy of the girl that would be mated to the pack of Alphas and sadly, it just happened to be the girl they wanted. They knew that no matter what, they would never be able to have Mia for themselves. But who said they couldn't try?

"'Cause I never knew, I never knew
You could hold moonlight in your hands
'Til the night I held you
You are my moonlight
Moonlight."

Ethan grinned as he listened to the lyrics, memories of the night before flashing in his head. Aiden watched with a warm smile, glancing at his twin brother, who nodded. They knew that this song was for Ethan and the twins couldn't be any happier. They knew that their bond was working.

"Baby, I'd be fallin'
You're my moonlight
Moonlight."

The twins couldn't wait to tell the others that Mia was accepting the bond, happy that she was doing it quickly. Normally, when a human is mated to a wolf, they don't recognise the bond until a few months later. However, it had only been a couple of weeks and Mia could feel their bond and she was starting to accept it.

Maybe it was because there were five of them or maybe it was because they were alphas, they didn't care. As long as it's working.

"He's so bossy,
He makes me dance.
Tryna sit in the back of his whip,
And just cancel my plans."

Ethan let out a small, inaudible chuckle as Mia winked at him, brown eyes shining with joy and happiness. The youngest bisexual twin knew she was only joking.

"Sweet like candy
But he's such a man.
He knows just what it does,
When he's holding me tight."

Her voice was music and grace. The sunlight dancing into the room as the sun gazed with an amiable smile. The twins made eye contact with their mate.

"And he calls me 'Moonlight' too"