Being Honest

Nick sat at the breakfast table the next morning, inhaling the mouthwatering aroma of grilled bacon while he sorted their post. Millie didn't always cook breakfast. They started most days with ceral and toast. But Gabriel had finished the Coco pops as a midnight snack and so this morning Nick was sorting out the mail to the sound of sizzling bacon.

One for Gabe, two for him, one for Millie and another one for Gabe. He put Gabriel's letters on the table in the place where he usually sat just as the kitchen door opened and he entered the room.

"Oh God that smells delicious!" Gabriel said lifting his face up and breathing in. He looked at Millie and grinned at Nick.

"Millie, if we are having bacon can we have poached eggs as well please?

"Make that two please Millie." Nick said.

Gabriel stopped behind Millie on his way to the coffee pot. She had her hair up, and he wanted to slip his arms around her and kiss her neck. He glanced at Nick wondering if he could get away with it. Nick watched him knowingly, with one eyebrow raised in question. Gabriel grinned and shrugged with a silent sigh, and went to pour his coffee.

They had set the rules: they were only allowed to touch Millie on the arms or waist, and they could hug her. No surreptitious touching of her breasts or any other erogenous zones and she had to make the first move.

"Of course, it won't be long."

She placed two plates on the table for them and a toast rack full of hot toast along with the butter dish and went to do her own breakfast. She slipped two slices of Weight Watchers bread in the toaster and put the kettle on to make green tea. She came to sit down with them and opened her letter. It was nothing exciting, just a credit card bill; she sighed as she put it back in the envelope.

"Is everything alright Millie?" Nick asked.

"Oh yes. Fine - it's just a boring bill," she said, taking a bite of her toast.

"Millie, what are you eating?" Gabriel asked. "There are more holes in your toast than bread!"

"It's a Weight Watchers loaf."

Millie hated making a big deal of what she was or wasn't eating.

"But you have to keep your strength up Millie, how can you do a full day's work with a breakfast like that?"

He peered into her mug, sniffing at it.

"And what's that?"

Gabe frowned as he took a sip, grimaced and swallowed with a shudder.

"What the f... Here Nick you try it."

He pushed the mug across the table. Nick looked in the mug.

"Green tea?"

She nodded, reaching for the mug Nick wouldn't relinquish.

"Tastes like..."

"Weasel piss!" Gabriel finished off his sentence as he disposed of her tea down the sink and her toast in the bin.

He poured Millie a cup of coffee and between them they began to feed her their breakfast. Gabriel cut some bacon and put it on his fork.

"Open."

Millie resignedly opened her mouth.

"I think we are going to have to cook for you at this rate!"

"Why were you eating that cardboard anyway?" Nick asked, loading up his fork for her too.

"I have to watch my figure. I don't want to have to buy new clothes every five minutes."

"Well, we're going to have to buy you some new clothes anyway," announced Gabriel. "We've been invited to a film premiere. You'll come with us, won't you Millie?"