Ch. 7

I can feel myself being carried but I can't make myself open my eyes. After falling asleep a second time I win my internal battle and finally open my eyes noticing that we're back in a car and moving.

"Alix?"

"Yes?"

"Where are we?" I ask, my head fuzzy.

"On our way back to the hotel. Georgia." He clarifies.

I lift myself off of his chest and move to the open seat. "Sorry, the wine and lack of sleep caught up with me." I say, apologetically. Deliberately not mentioning the crying.

"Its fine. I was just finishing up." He replies, still staring at his phone.

I take my phone out thinking I should probably be doing the same and catch up on some emails. I see a few text messages from Lilly, so I read those first.

-I cannot believe you got him to do that. We'll find a way to repay him.

Perplexed, I open a message from Mom.

-Why would he do this? We're so thankful but how are we supposed to accept this? I want his number so I can call and thank him personally.

"What's going on?" Then it dawns on me. "Did you give that card with all the money in it to Ella?" I ask, annoyed.

"No, you said not to." He states, looking up from his phone.

I eye him suspiciously and show him the text. "Explain this then?"

"I'm sure they're referring to the house."

I sit up to face him. "The house?"

"You did say, anything." He reminds me.

"You bought my parents house?" I ask, stunned. Ignoring his teasing remark.

He nods. "Its all taken care of. Just need to sign a few papers."

"You managed to do this on a Saturday night?" I ask in disbelief.

"You're surprised?"

"Yes! Are you messing with me?" I ask, my heart racing as I turn to look at him full on.

"No. I'm not messing with you."

"How?" I ask, almost breathlessly.

"I told your father I could have my lawyer look at the foreclosure. He gave me his paperwork. It was pretty easy from there." He shrugs.

I shake my head. "I can't believe he trusted you with that. He doesn't even know you." I state, in shock.

"It was his last ditch effort. I think he would've done just about anything. He saw what it was doing to your mom." He explains, making my eyes water. I sit back against the leather seat. My father would do anything for my mom, that's very true.

I can't believe he did this. I feel like I can breathe again. Then it hits me. He expects sex, he wasn't kidding. Was he? I glance up at him. "How much did you have to pay?"

He smirks. "Like I said. I got a bargain."

I hit his arm. "Tell me." I demand.

"With pushing the paperwork through and making it happen so quick, around 450." He answers.

My mouth drops. What the hell can I do to make up that kind of generosity? I'm like a fish out of water here. No, one has done something like this for our family before.

"I feel bad. I know some stuff, but not near 450 thousand dollars worth. Plus, the first time is always the worst." I groan.

"Hum." He voices, in response.