13

The next weeks passed quickly. Merlin didn't return to the castle and those who had seem him arrive claimed they didn't remember it. Thus occurred because Merlin wiped his return from them in a way similar to Morgana's. The spell would erase a certain memory but unlike Morgana's it would just be the chosen slice and not a period of time.  Merlin hadn't returned to servitude. Instead he watched over Morgana and unbeknownst to anyone he tutored her.

 He taught her magic in the arts of healing, defense, and other useful works. He refused to teach her offensive art. She only knew few attack magics, but those were instinctive. He hoped they would suffice if need be. Merlin couldn't cope with the idea of making her powerful again.If she happened to remember. Or if Morgause came searching... Would she revert back? If so he couldn't risk Morgana knowing how to use spells like that.  

Merlin also told Morgana of the progress made in Camelot. He told her of businesses that had opened and travelers that now flocked towards the citadel.  Morgana was transfixed by the stories. She  couldn't believe that a place once filled with hatred and mass execution could be doused in peace and full of acceptance. This very state of awe caused a problem. Morgana no longer wanted to wait. She figured that if magic was already accepted...she would be too. Oh, how very wrong she turned out to be. After being denied, by Merlin, to visit the citadel and marketplace, she took fate into her own hands. One night she drugged Merlin's water skin with a sleeping drought she concocted.  He was out in minutes. Morgana wrapped her Druidic cloak around herself and pulled the hood over her head. She then made her way through the darkness towards the castle walls. However she didn't realize that Camelot still had a curfew and anyone out after that was subjected to a check-in.  Thus forth, when she reached the main entrance, she was halted by three guards. 

"Being out after curfew subjects you to a check-in. Please remove your hood and state your presence." A guard in front of her said.

Morgana began to speak," I am merely visiting my friend within the castle."

Another guard said roughly," Remove your hood."

Abiding she pulled it back and the response was an audible gasp coming from two of the three men. The two of the guards stepped forward and seized her by the arms earning a protest from Morgana. They then led her silently to the dungeon.When they reached the destination, they brought her towards the far wall and cuffed her to chains attached to the wall. Morgana felt spikes of pain shoot up her arm and the guards left without a word. They left one man standing outside her cell. 

________________

Arthur looked up from a scroll he was writing on to knocking on his chamber door.  "Come in," He stated. One of the guards who normally watches over the gate now stood before him with a look of urgency plastered on his face.  The man began to speak," My lord, Morgana is back. She tried coming into the gates. She is in the dungeons as we speak." Arthur quickly dismissed the man and stalked towards the dungeons. He didn't find her in any of the forefront cells so he made his way towards the farthest one. It was meant for the worst of prisoners. When he arrived the first thing he saw was Morgana slumped on the ground with her hands above her head. He entered the cell and got cautiously closer. Despite his trust in Merlin... Arthur could never trust Morgana again. After a few steps he stood directly in front of her. She was unconscious and from this proximity he realized she was shaking. Arthur put the first down to tiredness and the second to the cold draft forever present this far down. He backed up until his back hit the opposite wall and he let himself slide down it into a sitting position. From there his mind took over and he sat there for over two hours merely pondering the situation. 

After his lengthy amount of thought and peripheral inspection of the girl he left the dungeons. He went back to his chambers and went back to work on the parchment. After completing the parchment and tried to get sleep but it wouldn't come.