three.

❝make sure to get help ❞

mike stuffed his books into his backpack, running down the stairs

mike stuffed his books into his backpack, running down the stairs. he really wanted to see his friends and fill them in on the girl-elle. her name is elle. he grabbed a waffle before jogging to the door. "BYE MOM!" he screamed before pushing his bike out of the garage.

"hey elle!" mike greeted and moved towards the girl, waving at the girl down the road. for such a warm fall day, her clothing was strange. she was wearing a sweatshirt and jeans while mike was in a polo and shorts. the girl smiled shyly.

"hello mike. how are you today?" she replied, tightening the straps on her backpack. they were standing in the girl's driveway conversing.

"good. would you like to ride to school with me today?" the boy asked, patting the back of his bike. "i'll show you a shortcut i take when i'm late." elle glanced over her shoulder, worrying mike but he kept his mouth shut.

"sorry mike, my dad has to drive me." she smiled sadly, but then she grabbed a piece of paper from her backpack and a pen. she scribbled something down, then ripped it off and handed it to the tall boy. she waved and jumped in the car, seeing her father walk out the back door. mike took the queue and jumped on his bike (still clutching the paper) and took off, cutting through the woods.

"hey asshats!" mike laughed, seeing his friends crowding around the bike rack that he pulled up to. the group said their hellos to the tall boy as he locked his bike up in the rack. 

"okay bitches, we need a plan for saturday. there's a party at becky's house and i plan on getting drunk so i need to sleep over at someone's house." max declared to the group, causing everyone to groan.

"max i swear to god last time you got fucking drunk you were crying because lucas wouldn't make out with you!" dustin complained, making the teens to laugh at the redhead, who was blushing. the group began arguing and complaining that the other part were being 'total dickheads' (lucas' words).

while the group was distracted, mike read the paper that was given to the boy by the girl he liked.
(930) 353-1111 call me at 11:30 ;)
mike smiled at the paper, and the group noticed the boy being weird.

"mike, you good?" will smirked, stealing the paper from his hands and reading it. once he was done, he passed it to the rest of the group who looked at him with smirks on their faces.

"that's elle's number, she gave it to me earlier." mike blushed, crossing his arms. the group noticed a car pulling up along the curb. elle's father was in the driver's seat, a hand gripped tightly on her arm. mike's eyes narrowed as she watched elle yank her arm from her father's grip and slowly walked past mike and his friends until mike caught her attention by waving.

"hey mike." elle smiled, walking back to mike and standing beside him. "and hello people i've never met before who are staring at me and smiling crazily. i'm eleanor, or elle." the small girl waved to the group.

"FINALLY ANOTHER GIRL! i'm max!" the fiery redhead took a step towards the other girl, who took a step behind mike with a scared look in her eyes.

"i'm gonna go get my schedule..." elle said, walking towards the school and entering it.

"what the fuck dude." mike growled at max, who got right back into his face.

"don't say that to me, i didn't know that she would do that!" she shouted back. mike rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.

"my sister said something the other day. that elle...i don't even know...might be in danger? like her dad might be hurting her? like, she's wearing a sweatshirt even though it's hot as fuck. and the other day, she got really scared when her dad broke something and he yelled at her. plus today, her dad was like crushing her arm." he explained to his friends.

"i'll do a little research today during break." dustin smiled, patting mike on the shoulder. "and if something's going on with your girlfriend, we can make sure to get her help." dustin smiled, going into school and to his locker.

"thanks dustin...WAIT YOU ASSHOLE WE'RE NOT DATING!" mike screamed, chasing after his best friend, raising his fist. "I'M GONNA KILL YOU!"