twelve.

❝ you have a good time last night elle? ❞

mike was woken up by elle's erratic breathing beside him

mike was woken up by elle's erratic breathing beside him. his eyes slowly opened, revealing the small girl clutching her head, tears streaming down her cheeks. he immediately recognized that his girl was having an anxiety attack, because his eldest sister used to get them whenever her exams were getting close. he wrapped the small girl in his arms, placing her on his lap and rocking her.

"shh, it's okay. i'm right here darling. shh, that's it, calm down." he whispered, stroking elle's hair with his free hand. he kept calming her down until all that was left was her puffy eyes. after she had finished crying, mike got her a glass of water. 

"sorry," she laughed quietly, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand and taking the cup from his hands. she took a sip and put it on the coffee table next to the couch.

"oh baby, don't apologize. it's not good to keep that stuff bottled up." he kissed her head, tracing shapes on her arm. "how many hours of sleep do you usually get?" he inquired, laying back down on the old couch. elle returned to her spot next to him, her head on his chest.

"hours? um, not many." she confessed, 'walking' her fingers along his arm. 

"oh darling. come on, sleep now. i'll stay awake my love." he said to the small girl in his arms. elle sighed and snuggled her face into his chest. mike smiled and closed his eyes.

"mikey? i love you." she confessed, wrapping her fingers around the bottom hem of his shirt. the tall boy's breathe hitched in his throat. elle looked up to her boyfriend, caressing his face. "not many people show me any love or affection, but you do. so it took me a while to define how i feel about you-"

"shush darling, i know. i'm so in love with you too." mike replied, a giant smile spreading across his face. the tall boy grabbed the small girl's face, kissing her passionately. elle broke away slowly, looking deeply into his dark brown eyes.

"love me harder mike..." she whispered to him. 

"you sure?"

"yeah." she planted her lips on his with such passion and fire that it took mike back. the teen put his hands on her hips and did what took away elle's innocence. (im sorry eek)

~~~

around ten thirty in the morning, max and the other boys opened the front door of the wheeler house. after leaving the arcade yesterday, mike had told them to come over and play some video games, and they agreed. max stupid wore her sneakers in the snow, so she kicked her wet sneakers off and jumped down the stairs, walking to the couch. on her way to the couch, she saw the array of clothes laying on the floor. she peeked her head over the couch, then ran up the stairs back to her boyfriend and best friends.

"ew ew ew ew ew!" she gagged, running to the kitchen sink and putting her eyes under the water. "fuck!" the three boys raised their eyebrows at her, and glancing the basement stairs.

"what? what happened?" lucas asked, handing max a towel after she finished rinsing her eyes.

"fuck! i saw mike and elle asleep together-" she got cut off by a gag. "and there are clothes on the floor."

"what?" will asked, his eyebrows knotting together in confusion.

"they had sex, you idiots!" she exclaimed, sticking her tongue out in disgust. she did love elle like a sister, but she was dating lucas and mike was one of her best friends and... "disgusting." she muttered to herself. 

"those asshats had sex? damn it! i shouldn't have had let them go down together!" nancy scowled from the top of the stairs. the group of teens jumped, craning their heads to look at her. 

"morning guys." mike yawned as he and elle climbed the stairs. max turned around, shielding her eyes away from mike. will, lucas, and dustin all bit their lips to keep from laughing while nancy glared down at the couple disapprovingly. "what? what happened?" he asked, sitting up on the counter with elle standing between his legs.

"you have a good time last night elle?" dustin asked elle, covering his mouth as he began to laugh. his burst of laughter caused will and lucas to burst out laughing, and so the three teens collapsed on the floor, tears of laughter streaming down their faces. nance scoffed and stormed off to her room.

"oh..." she blushed, looking towards mike. the tallest boy shook his head, taking elle's small hand into his. 

"just get the console set up." he sighed, gesturing to the basement stairs.

"hell no! my ass is not going anywhere close to that fucking couch ever again!" max told the group, spinning around and revealing a face that was as red as her hair. this caused the boys to fall into another set of giggles. elle turned to her boyfriend, pecking his lips quickly.

"my dad's probably looking for me, i better get home. love you mikey." she gave his hand one last squeeze before walking out the door and closing it behind herself. the boy jumped down from the counter and began repeatedly hitting the three boys on the ground. 

"you! mother! fuckers!" he yelled playfully, jumping on them and wrestling them to the ground. max rolled her eyes and began making coffee.

"boys." she muttered to herself, glancing at the boys who were still crying with laughter.

///

"you ungrateful piece of shit! sneaking out of the house to get help?! what have i taught you about suffering through the pain?!" dr. brenner screamed at his daughter as soon as he saw the bandages on her body. he held her tightly by the arm, his right hand in the air.

"papa please!" she sobbed, her eyes already filled with tears. the whole neighborhood could probably hear the sound of martin brenner's hand coming in contact with eleanor brenner's rosy red cheek and the loud sobs that came with it.