Chapter Forty-three: Finally, His Truth

Earlier, before entering the party, Sofia didn't know exactly what to expect. But what she was greeted with didn't actually surprise her.

It was absolute poshness.

The backyard of the Wilder house was transformed into a set of a fancy horror movie. Cobwebs and bats hung above as she walked through a gate. Two hunky men dressed up as ogres stood at both sides of the gate, greeting and checking everyone with metal detector.

She recognized they were the security guards of the Wilder house. Many times in the past she had seen them guarding the gates of this house wearing stiff postures of peril, but by the very little conversations she had had with them she knew that was just the professional hard shell over benevolent hearts.

As the ogres grinned robotically at Sofia just as they were at everyone that entered, she noticed their teeth were painted as if they had drunk blood and chewed on guts just a moment ago. That was undoubtedly Katherine and Lolo's idea. Sofia felt sorry for these poor ogres.

"How does it taste like?" she asked, eyeing their teeth and pointing at her own white ones.

"Let's just say," one of them said in a low voice, he talked in a very weird way like there were a handful of unpleasant things stuffed inside his mouth. "We're refraining ourselves from licking it, ma'am."

The other ogre looked over his shoulder, Sofia guessed he was wary if Katherine and Lolo heard.

The prominent atrocity of the wealthy ones. They can force people beneath their so called class into doing anything without even really forcing them. People cower before wealth and the power that it brings.

"Rinse your mouths," Giving the poor ogres a sympathetic smile Sofia said in a hushed tone.

The ogres looked avid at her advice but shifted uncomfortably.

Sofia smiled more encouragingly at them. "Don't worry about your employers. I'm positive that after the party starts they will hardly come to the gates, and that too just to check the intactness of the blood and guts on your teeth. And even if they do—" Sofia paused before saying with confidence, "Tell them I made you guys remove it."