Grey's Genres

The More Than Love Contest- Genres

As romance can fall into various genres, we are looking for stories in five different genres. Each of the five romance genres were chosen with our readers in mind.

All genres are LGBTQ+ friendly. Thus, this isn't limited to the binary genders or sexualities. We encourage all the colors and forms of romance in our contest.

Poetry and short stories (completed stories with less than 4k words) are not accepted at this time.

The five genres are as follows

The five genres are as follows. Please read them carefully:

Contemporary/New Adult: New adult fiction tends to focus on issues such as leaving home, developing sexuality, and negotiating education and career choices. The age range is 18-30.

ChickLit: Chick Lit consists of heroine-centered narratives that focus on the trials and tribulations of the main female character. The genre often addresses issues of modern womanhood – from romantic relationships, sexuality, female/male friendships, matters in the workplace to family relationships and hopes. Often seen as female empowerment and forms of self love in exploring oneself.

Erotica: Erotic literature comprises of fictional and/or factual stories and accounts of sexual relationships, which have the power to or are intended to arouse the reader sexually.

Multi-cultural/ Interracial Romance: Multi-cultural/ Interracial Romance consists of romantic pairings who are culturally, religiously, and/or racially diverse. Example of pairings are Christian woman and Muslim man, Black woman and Indian woman, White trans-gendered man and Latina cis-gendered woman and so on. We want this love to feature two people who love each other in light of their difference.

Mystery/Thriller: Thrillers are characterized and defined by the moods they elicit, giving viewers heightened feelings of suspense, excitement, surprise, anticipation and anxiety. Romance in these genres are common to lessen the tension and form a bond between two characters.

Your nominations must have some element of the genre you are selecting. If not, your nomination will be disqualified.

Add this temporary PASSWORD: "Aspire to inspire before we expire" to your submission form. It changes without rhyme or reason. So be aware and check frequently if you are on the fence to nominate.