chapter 15

July 25, 20XX

"(Na-"

I put down my phone and stood up. I opened the door to my room and went downstairs.

"Oh hey (Name), I made ramen for dinner. Is that fine?"

I looked at Jungkook who came out from the kitchen, holding a bowl of ramen. I nodded and he smiled at me. He placed the ramen down on the table and sat down.

"C'mon, let's eat it before it gets cold"

I looked at him with no emotion and sat down. Of course, why didn't I realize it before. His jealousy with my relationship with Taehyung, the flirting. God why am I so dense.

"Is something wrong (Name)?"

"I know everything Jungkook"

"Huh?"

I looked at him with a serious look, and he looked nervous. Very nervous.

"Why? Why would you lie to me like that? I actually thought I had a friend Jungkook"

"Y-You do! And what do you mean lie to you? I would never do such a thing"

"Then explain yourself being human, and claiming that Picture Perfect made robots? Jungkook that's lying! Why didn't you tell me before?"

"Who..Who told you this?"

"Jin did, and he told me everything" I said and crossed my arms.

He sighed and looked down.

"Look, I have a good reason why I did this. I didn't want you to hate me, I thought if I were a robot, then you wouldn't think much about how I acted because I was just a 'robot'. Jin probably already told you that I like you. And when you got together with Taehyung, I tried to push away my feelings for you. Even now I'm trying to stop getting myself to like you because I know you don't want to be in a relationship at the moment, and I know you never liked me. So I'm sorry (Name), and I understand that you hate me"

Awkward silence filled the house. Jungkook still didn't look at me, but I didn't look at him either. I sighed and stood up.

"I'm going to go out and think about this. No Jungkook, I don't hate you. I'm just.. disappointed I guess. I'll be back soon"

I put my shoes on, taking my phone and car keys with me, and went outside. I walked to my car and drove off.

~x~

"Hey Taehyung" I said walking up to Taehyungs grave.

I sat down and smiled.

"I miss you, I hope you don't mind me talking to you about my problems"

"Not at all, I missed you too baby girl"

"What?"

I turned around and saw Taehyung standing behind me with his boxy smile.

"T-Taehyung? But how?"

"So, tell me what's wrong"

"Uhm, it's Jungkook"

"Ah that kid, what did he do this time?" He said sitting down beside me.

"Well, first of all Jungkook was never my cousin. Sorry for hiding that from you, I kinda had to. Until I learnt the truth"

"Oh really? I'm gonna have to haunt you know for lying to me~" He said pouting at me.

"I wouldn't mind you haunting me" I said laughing.

"But, the truth? What do you mean by that?"

"Well, it's kinda hard to explain. But basically Jungkook pretended to be a robot from this game from Picture Perfect, when in reality he's actually a human being"

"More details babe"

I sighed and told him everything that happened. How it all began, how I knew about the secret, and what he did.

"Ah, I see now"

"I don't know what to do now. That's why I came here to you cause your good at these things"

"I think you should appreciate what he did to you to be honest. I mean, he sacrificed everything to get to you. If you had to get a boyfriend, I wouldn't mind it being him. He got my seal of approval"

"I guess you're kinda right"

"Kinda? Honey, I'm always right!"

I laughed and smiled at him.

"This is why I love you Taehyung"

"I love you too (Name), but you love Jungkook too don't you?"

"W-What?"

"C'mon (Name), just admit you kinda had a crush on Jungkook. But you had to draw back because he was just a 'robot' back before you knew"

I became flustered and looked down, embarrassed.

"I-I guess.."

"So cute. Go home and talk to him. You two will figure it out"

"Okay, I'll see you la-" I turned around saw that Taehyung wasn't there anymore.

Cherry Blossom petals began floating around the area, making me smile. I stood up and admired the petals passing by. Taehyung must have done this.

"I'll see you later Taehyung"