chapter 18

August 3, 20XX

"Hey (Name), wanna go to the amusement park today? I heard it's great during the summer" Jungkook said coming to my room.

"I don't know, I have to finish these art commissions" I said facing Jungkook from my drawing tablet.

"But you've been working for a week straight now. Don't you think you need a break?"

"But I want to finish these commission as fast as possible though, what if you and I run out of money?"

"(Name) I work at Jin's place, I get payed too. Today he gave me a break so why not spend it together?"

I looked at Jungkook with an unsure expression and thought about it.

"C'mon (Name), just for today?"

I sighed and gave in.

"Fine, but just for today. Tomorrow I have to work again"

"Yay, thanks (Name)!" Jungkook said and walked away to get ready.

I chuckled at his childish actions and started to get ready as well. I took a quick shower and changed into comfortable clothes for the day. I went downstairs to see Jungkook already ready. He was sitting on the couch, probably playing games. He saw me and stood up.

"Let's go?"

I nodded and we both walked towards his car.

~x~

"Jungkook look! It's so cute" I said pointing to the teddy bear in one of the mini-games.

"You want it?"

I nodded my head instantly which earned me a chuckle from him. We walked up to the booth to see that the game was one of those 'try to get all of the cans to fall' sort of thing.

"This will be nothing" I heard Jungkook whisper underneath his breath.

"Don't jinx it yet" I replied.

"Oh honey, trust me. You will be getting that teddy bear"

"Alright. But from what I have experienced, most people who are too confident end up loosing"

He smirked at me and walked up to the booth.

"Ah 'ello sir, just $3 for 3 balls"

He payed the $3 and got the balls. He took one ball and aimed it at the cans. He threw it, and surprisingly, it knocked all the cans off on the first column.

"Wow Jeon"

"See? I told ya" He said winking at me.

I rolled my eyes and continued to observe him. He then threw the balls at the second column of cans and knocked them all off once again.

On the third one, he squinted his eyes, aimed for the cans, and was about to throw the ball.

"WAIT HEADS UP!"

Before Jungkook and I could react, Jungkook got hit by a basketball and ruined his throw to the cans. It only hit the top can of the column. I looked at him and he got disappointed.