Bonus Chapter

LOL surprise. ANOTHA ONE. 

"So hot that I couldn't take it, wanna wake up and see your faceAnd remember how good it was being here last night.Still high with a little feeling. I see the smile as it starts to creep in, it was there I saw it in your eyes."

Abruptly, Harry pulls back from the microphone, dropping the headphone from over his ears. He lowers it to his neck, green eyes glossing over as he glances through the window into the control room. Louis smiles at him from the other side, all crinkled eyed, leaning forward and pressing the button to get on the intercom.

"What's wrong, baby? Why'd you stop?"

Harry wipes his eyes and chuckles wetly. "You really wrote this song about me?"

Louis smiles softly, relaxing into his chair. He's so glad it's just them in here. Some of the others wanted to sit in and listen to Harry's new upcoming single, but this was a moment just for them, only for Louis to hear. What he didn't account for was how emotional Harry would get, crying after each verse of the song just to double check Louis really wrote it about him.

It's cute and endearing, how much Harry underestimates Louis' love for him. Even after all this time, being married and back together, he's always surprised. Just last week, Louis brought home different flowers every day just so he could see the adorning smile on Harry's face. It was completely worth it.

"I did. Now finish the song, dear. Can't keep stopping."

Harry blows out a breath and nods, lifting the headphones over his ear again. He steps forward to the microphone and takes a second, eyes closing as he counts his breath and then resumes singing.

"I was stumbling, looking in the dark with an empty heart.
But you say you feel the same.
Could we ever be enough, baby we could be enough."

Harry blows out a breath and closes his eyes. He can't sing the song without getting choked up every second, and it's times like this where he's thankful Louis knows him so well. Surely, if there were others in the booth helping him record, they would be annoyed with him. It's not typical for so many pauses and breaks like this, especially for Harry to cry and take a breath every chance that he can get it. No song has ever made him feel this way. No one has even wrote a song about him before.

How the hell is he supposed to finish this song with Louis on the other side of the window looking at him like that? Harry's heart is nearly swooning in his chest.

"Love. Come on now."

Harry opens his eyes again, blinking, face scrunching up as if he's trying to hold back all the tears that are ready to come out. "Louis. This song is beautiful."

"You're beautiful," he responds so easily, so effortlessly. Harry's stomach flutters in a wave of butterflies, as it always does when he talks to him like this. "I'd love for you to finish the song, though. Got to have an acoustic demo before we grow old, darling."

Harry huffs out another breath. "Right. I'll do that." Then he steps forward again, this time, closing his eyes as he sings so he doesn't have the piercing blue of Louis staring right at him. Maybe if he blocks the source of all the overwhelming emotions he's feeling, then he might be able to finish the song without stopping.

Here goes take six.

"And it's alright, calling out for somebody to hold tonight.
When you're lost I'll find a way , I'll be your light.
You'll never feel like you're alone, I'll make this feel like home."

He finishes the song with a shaky breath coming out, a stray tear rolling down his cheek. Green eyes opening up, they water with more tears, building up. He wipes them away with the back of his hand, using the other to pull the headphones off and place on the little stool next to him. Louis is staring back at him, grinning from ear to ear, his own eyes glossing over. He's fighting back the urge to get emotional too, and Harry laughs wetly.