Sequence 3: Becoming Closer

It is better to have faith in something than none at all.
-Connor Kenway

After you have reported your findings to Ozpin, you and Connor head out to do some training. He draws his tomahawks as you draw your sword. You both lock blades and exchange swings for a while, before you kick Connor away from you. As you're about to execute a heavy attack, he deflects it and gets your sword out of your hand. You face him, a smirk stretched across your face. "That was... unexpected." you say.
"I never let my guard down." Connor said.
You get out your hidden blades as Connor throws away his tomahawk and gets his out. Colliding blades for about eight minutes, you roll off of Connor's back, kick him in the knee and uppercut him. "Eyes open, Connor," you say, "Can't protect you all the time."
You help him up, as he said, "Well, it's clear I need more training."
"Hey, you DID take me by surprise when you deflected my attack." you say.

Walking back to the dorm, you tell Connor, "I need to go somewhere."
"Where?" he asked.
"I just need to clear my head..." you say.
"Is it that Pyrrha girl?" he asked.
"Heh. No," you say, unconvincingly, "Why would it be about her?"
"I can see through you, Desmond," Connor said, "Right through you."
"Vai a farti fottere! (Go f*ck yourself!)" you say to him, flipping him off.
He chuckles as he leaves. You leave Beacon and sit on one of the buildings in Vale. Looking down at the busy streets, you couldn't help but feel lonely, as you couldn't remember anything about your family. Eventually, you hear something behind you. You think it's Connor or Edward, but are surprised to find Pyrrha. "Uh, hello." she greeted you.
"Hey." you say.
She sits down next to you. "So, uh... What are you doing up here?"

"Needed to clear my head," you say, "Just, I don't know, something's been bugging me."
"What's that?" she asked.
"The last Templar I killed told me something about his mistress and her second-in-command," you say, "Someone named Adam and Salem."
Pyrrha gasped as you said those names, "You know them?" you ask.
"Know them?" she asked, "Adam almost killed me once!"
You remember a time when you went to kill a general in the Templar army, Robert De Sable. You remember how he humiliated and almost killed you in front of Altair. If not for Connor and Ezio, you wouldn't be alive now. You face Pyrrha, noticing she's slightly blushing. You look back down on the streets and see someone suspicious. You activate Eagle Vision and see that he's a Templar. You jump down and face him. "TEMPLAR!" you yell, "Your influence in Vale ends now!"
He faced you and said, "Wow. Altair must be desperate if he's sending novices."
"Who are you?" you ask.
He turns and faces you. "I am Adam," he said, "Son of Robert De Sable. You killed my father! So I shall kill you!"

He drew his sword and you two began to battle. The fight went into the streets when Adam kicked you through a window. Running out of it, you draw your sword again, only to get your hand kicked, causing you to drop the sword, and a fist to the face, giving you a nose bleed. "Just so we're clear," he told you, as he towered over you, "After I kill you, I'm going to kill Connor and Edward. Then, I'm going to kill Altair!"
You stab him in the chest with your hidden blade, and he falls to the floor, spitting blood. "It's done then," you tell him, "Your schemes, like you, are put to rest."
"Hehehe. You know nothing of schemes," Adam said, "You're but a puppet. He betrayed you, boy. Just like he betrayed me."
"Speak sense, Templar," you say, "Or not at all!"
"Your mission was to remove the Templar's influence, yes?" Adam asked, "The influence that had a secret."
"What of it?" you ask.
"It wasn't just us Templars who have hidden the truth from you," he said, "The kingdom of Masyaf harboured a traitor."
"None may live who hide the truth," you say, "Tell me their name."

"Ah, but you know him very well," Adam said, "And I doubt you'd take his life as willingly as you've taken mine."
"WHO?" you demand.
"It was Connor's father," Adam admitted, "Haytham Kenyway."
"But he was not a Templar!" you say, shocked.
"Have you ever wondered how it is he knew so much?" Adam asked, "How to find us? How many numbers we had? What we aspire to attain?"
"He was an assassin of the highest order!" you say, "He would never betray his brothers!"
"That's what he had you believe," Adam said, "When, all the while, you and I were just two more pawns in his grand game. And now, with my death, only you remain. Do you think he'll let you live with the knowledge you've acquired?"
"Haytham Kenway is dead," you say, "Altair said your mistress, Salem, killed him herself."
"Ah, but he lives," Adam said, "The only difference between Haytham and I is that he did not want to let you live. Heh. Ironic, isn't it? Your greatest enemy kept you safe from harm. But now you've taken my life, and, in the process, taken your own..." and with that, Adam breathed his last breath.
"Forse mi aveve detto quello che sapere, ma questo non perdona I tuoi peccati. (You may have told me what I needed to know, but that does not pardon your sins.)," you say, closing his eyes, "Requiescat in pace. (Rest in peace.)"