Sequence 5: Creed Justice

I will not weep and wonder what might have been.
-Haytham Kenway

You chase after Haytham, your fists clenched and your footsteps thundering. Eventually, he stops, panting heavily. "You don't give up, do you?" he asked.
"You almost killed Connor," you say, flicking your hidden blades, "There needs to be recompence."
"Then what are you waiting for?" Haytham asked, "Kill me, and get it over with."
"Your fate is not for me to decide," you say, "It is Altair who will judge."
"I will not return to that accursed place." Haytham spat.
"Then I will drag you every step of the way." you say, approaching him.
You both fought, neither stronger to overpower the other. Eventually, you are taken down. "Guess you weren't powerful enough to fulfil my legacy." Haytham mocked.
You trip him up and knock him out. "Maybe, but I'm still powerful enough to beat you."
You contact Edward and go back to your ship, Connor recuperating slowly. Haytham awoke, tied in bonds. The journey back to Masyaf was long, but you eventually made it. You brought Haytham, bloodied and beaten, to Altair, who you'd wrote a letter to explaining the events. "You stand accused of betraying our Brotherhood and opening the way for our enemies," Altair said to him, "How do you answer to these charges?"

"I deny nothing," Haytham said, "I am proud of what I did. My only regret is that they failed."
"I offer you a chance to repent," Altair said, "To renounce the evil in your heart."
"It is not evil in my heart, but truth. I will not repent!"
"Then you will die!"
As Altair went to kill Haytham, you stopped him. "Wait, mentor. I believe that his death should come from the one he sought to hurt most." you say.
You looked at Connor, who stepped forwards. Altair handed him the sword, saying, "You must be the one to end his life, Connor. Regardless of who he is."
"I... Yes, mentor..." Connor said, the regret noticeable in his voice.
He brought the sword to Haytham's chest. "I want you to know something," Haytham said, "I always knew it would come to this. You, holding the sword to my heart, pathetically hiding your fear and guilt. You do not deserve to be called a Kenway."
"And you do not deserve to be called an Assassin!" Connor said, plunging the sword through Hatham's back.
As he gurgled his last breath, you heard him mutter, "She comes for you... Dovahkiin..."
You are confused, but begin to have a flashback. 

*Flashback*
"My son," someone said, "The blood of the Templars is in your veins. You cannot deny your heritage."
"
I refuse to believe it," you say, "Templars are evil. You want the Apple to destroy free will--"
"And the assassins want to control it!" the same somebody barks back.
"Well, I want to protect it!" you yell.
"DOVAHKIIN!" the person yelled, "If you leave, I will hunt you down for the rest of your life!"
"So be it!" you say.

*End Flashback*
As you try and recall what happened, you face Altair, and say, "You lied to me. You removed that image from my brain! YOU KEPT ME FROM REMEMBERING!"
"I HAD TO!" Altair yelled at you, "Do you not think I wanted to let you keep the truth? If you had, you would destroy the Creed!"
"Heh. Destroy the Creed?" you chuckle, "YOU want to control free will. I would rather have it destroyed!"
"You know not of what you speak!" Altair yelled.
You draw your sword and point it at him. "All I ever wanted was to make the world a better place. This is not what I wanted. I will find the Apple of Eden before you and Salem, and I will keep it from both of you!"
You stormed out, but were stopped by two assassins. You face Altair, then kill the two assassins and run out of the door. Running to the dock of Masyaf, followed by almost all of the assassins, you board one of the boats and sail back to Vale. You sighed, regretting your actions, but not your words. You sailed the ship for a while, before anchoring somewhere in the Pacific. You went to the lower decks to get some food, but heard snoring. You investigated to find Pyrrha sleeping amongst the canned food. She wakes up to see you looking down upon her. "A stowaway, eh?" you ask.
"Desmond?" she asked.
"My name is Dovahkiin," you tell her, "I finally remembered everything I needed to know."

You tell her of what happened. After your story is told, you hear canon fire. You and Pyrrha go up on deck to see a ship approaching you. "Is it the assassins?" she asked.
"No," you say, "It's merely pirates."
"Are they trying to sink us?" Pyrrha asked.
"They just fired a warning shot," you say, "They mean to board us. Pyrrha, do you know anything about sailing?"
"Quite a lot..." she said.
"Secure the rigging and go to full sails," you tell her, "We need to outrun them!"
You try, but the pirate ship catches up. "It's no use, Desmond!" she said, "We're in the line of fire!"
"Then... We shall fight!" you say, drawing your sword.
As the pirates board your ship, you and Pyrrha gut them all, sparing but one so that he may live to tell the tale. Your ship is damaged, but still sailable. You return to Vale, knowing that news of your betrayal would have reached Ozpin by now, and that he would be waiting for you. Pyrrha signalled that you were coming into Vale, and you saw from the telescope that he and Edward, who stayed behind, were waiting for you.