Sequence 14: Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted

(A/N: For this, I wanted to try and copy Assassin's Creed II's transition at the end. Also I couldn't think up a next part. Enjoy.)

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
-The Creed Maxim

You close Altair's eyes. His spirit is now at rest. "Ti sei guadagnato il tuo riposo, mentore (You have earned your rest, mentor). Requiescat in pace (Rest in peace)." you say.
Connor comes up next to you and said, "Dovahkiin, with Altair gone," he said, "YOU will have to lead the Creed."
You face the remaining Assassins, including Cinder, Edward and Malik. With Ozpin gone, and Pyrrha unable to fight due to her pregnancy, the Assassins were at the mercy of the oncoming Templar forces. "Brothers and sisters," you begin, "The whole of Remnant rises against us, while Altair's murderer waits and watches from the arsenal, laughing! Fight with me, and show him what it means to cross the Assassins!"
Suddenly, another Assassin appears, worn out. "Dovahkiin," he yells, "We have been betrayed! A spy kidnapped Ms Nikos. The new Grand Master, Cesare Borgia, said he wishes to negociate with the leader of the Creed."
"With Altair's death," you say, "His power passes to me. I will go."
You go there, accompanied by Cinder. Thankfully, remembering what you did with the three Pieces of Eden you acquired. You locked them in the Vault, hidden thousands of feet below Masyaf. You meet with Cesare, and draw your sword.

"WHERE IS SHE?" you demand.
"Such fury." he mocked.
"WHERE IS SHE?!" you demand again.
"If you think you are in a position to negotiate, kill me and be done with it!"
You sheathe your sword. "I am sorry it had to come to this," he said, "Two men who should be friends, quarrelling over a few fragments of steel. We both strive for the same end, Dovahkiin. Only our methods differ. Do you not see that? Peace. Stability. A world where men live without fear. People desire the truth, yes, but even when they have it, they refuse to look. How do we fight this kind of ignorance?"
"Liberty can be messy, Borgia," you say, spitting the last word, "But it is priceless."
"Of course. And when things fall apart, and the lights of civilization dim, Dovahkiin, spawn of Salem, can stand above the darkness and say proudly, 'I stayed true to my Creed!' I will open that Vault, and I will acquire all four Pieces of Eden. And with the power that is hidden there, I will destroy the superstitions that keep men divided."
"Not in this life, Borgia." you tell him.
"Bring the Pieces of Eden to my camp at dawn," he said, riding away on horseback, "Do this, and Pyrrha Nikos will be spared. The entire army will be here soon, Dovahkiin. After that, everything changes."

You watched as he left. The only thing you felt was guilt. Guilt for letting Altair and Ozpin fall. Guilt for letting the Pieces of Eden fall into Templar hands. But, most importantly, guilt for letting Pyrrha be hostage of the Templars. Cinder tries to reassure you, but you don't let her. "Everything is falling apart quicker than we can rebuild it," you say, "I hate to say it, but the Templars have bested us this time."
"What will we do, brother?" she asked.
"We must give up the Pieces of Eden." you say.
"What?" she gasped, "But, brother--"
"Just because you would sacrifice any one's life for them doesn't mean I would," you scold her, "Pyrrha means more to me than anyone lese in the world. I will not watch her die to protect a few fragments of steel."
You leave for the Vault, and collect the Pieces of Eden. Arriving at the Templar's camp, alone, you meet Cesare. "Where is she?" you ask.
"I admire you, Dovahkiin," he said, "But your accomplishments makes it hard to call you a friend."
"Accomplishments?" you ask, "A strange insult from a man who killed my mentor!"
"He was to be kidnapped. But my men cannot resist drawing blood."

"I see," you say, realising his plan, "Your men kidnap Altair, then you rescue him and be heralded a hero?"
"More or less. Now..." he held out his hand, "The Pieces of Eden."
You whistle, and Edward, Connor and Cinder appear. "First," you say, "The girl."
He turned to a Templar. "Give the order to kill her!"
"NO!" you yell, drawing your sword.
"Tell your men to back off!" he demanded.
You do it, and they back off. You present the Pieces of Eden, and he says, "Better hurry. She's got one minute left!"
You smirk. Quickly, you give the pieces of Eden back and tell them to run. As they do, you run for Pyrrha. "INFADEL!" Cesare yelled, "KILL HIM!"
You dodge Templar after Templar, cutting them down as you run to Pyrrha. You see her, struggling to breath, hanging on an oak tree. You cut her down as she gasps for breath. "Are you hurt?" you ask.
"No, not hurt," she gasps, "But very confused. How did they find me?"
"This is my fault. I should not have dragged you into this."
"You are not responsible for the actions of other men."
Both of you begin to run away, fleeing from the Templar camp. You hear Cesare say, "Give the order for the rest of the men to arrive. We march upon Masyaf at dawn!"

🎉 You've finished reading Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Assassin Male Reader X Pyrrha Nikos 🎉