Chapter 5: Xavier's Pov{Edited}

|Be the one who stays by her side and protect her especially when no one else does.|

Xavier pov:

I watched as Grace slept leaning on the window. I wanted to wrap my arm around her but I did not want to rush things more than they were.

I know it's difficult for her but hopefully, she will adjust with me soon. Rick was not the one who put this contract... I was.

After noticing Grace at one of a meeting held at Rick office I wanted to know her but she did not notice me once. She was always devoted to her work.

One day, I was going to enter his father office when I heard shouting. I thought it was one of the employees, but I was shocked when I saw it was Grace his own daughter. Grace stood there unaffected like it was a daily routine. Days later, I found out that Rick was always like that with her always snapping and being rude.

Twice I came to the office and witnessed it myself. I was done seeing this. I told my dad everything and he helped me to put this contract on. My mom already hated her slutty mother.

I was angrier when my dad proposed the contract and Rick accepted immediately. Like he wanted to get rid of her sooner. During the dinner, I had to control myself from telling anything to Rick or Samantha.

It made me feel weird when I saw Grace force her smile and did not even talk during the dinner. My mom and dad yesterday told me that they were happy I chose her. They already like her. Like me, they did notice the strange behaviour of Grace and knew I was not lying.

Today it got confirmed when I saw her calling those two, mom and dad. Her smile was more real and she did not hesitate to talk to them or anything.

But now that I got her, she is going to get all the things she missed. I am going to change her sad life in a happy life.

"Am not gonna let you down," I whispered stroking her hair lightly.

She looked peaceful in her sleep. No worry no problems. She even looked cute in her outfit. I must admit that I did check her out when she came downstairs.

----

35 minutes of driving and being stuck in the traffic, we reached my home. I move here when I started to take care of my dad business. I was getting used to living alone but now I am happy I got someone with me.

Even if Grace was forced into, this I will try my best to make her comfortable here. She did deserve it.

I looked at her and she was still sleeping.

Should I pick her up or wake her up?

If I pick her up it could make her uneasy as she is not used to my touch yet. So I decided to wake her up.

"Grace," I said a bit louder and she started to stir. She slowly opened her eyes and groaned to the light. I chuckled still looking at her.

"We reached home," I said and she nodded. I stepped out of the car and she did as well.

"Bring all the bag in the room," I ordered the driver and he nodded.

"Let's go inside I will show you around," I said and she nodded.