Chapter 14: Xavier's pov {Edited}

|No amount of money or success can take the place of time spent with family|

Xavier's Pov:

Lunch went by pretty good. Roger and Martha keep on teasing Grace and she just keeps blushing the whole lunch. We were now in the living room.

They did not talk about business but small things that they liked. If this lunch were to be held at Rick and Samantha's place, I was damn sure that Rick would have ended up asking me about my shares in my company. This man is really a gold digger. I still could not believe he was ready to let Grace marry a stranger.

What if it wasn't me who had made this contract first? I would have never meet Grace and her life would have been spoiled. Rick did not give a damn care about her choices.

"Hey, you okay?"

I snapped out of my thought and found Grace looking at me.

"Yeah. I am good." I said.

"You sure? You were looking at the table for more than 5 minutes and you were frowning... Is there something that you did not like for lunch? I can make an-"

"Relax babe. I am fine. I was thinking about some stuff and no lunch was perfect." I said and she nodded.

She turned back to her movie and continued to watch it.

"Hey, I am going to the grocery store do you want anything?" Roger asked as he came in.

"Hmm, I don't know what I want." She said frowning and I chuckled.

"Why don't you go with him and choose what to buy?" I asked her and she nodded.

"That's a good idea." She said and stood up.

"Ok then. And you Xavier do you want anything?" He asked and I shake my head no.

"No I am-" I was saying but Grace interrupted me.

"I will choose something for him cause he always say no." She said and I playfully glared at her. She shrugged going toward Roger.

"Martha we are going." Said Roger leaving the living room.

"Ok!" She yelled from the kitchen. Once they were gone, I felt bored. I already watch this movie many times. I stood up and made my way where Martha was. She was preparing a cake which was almost done.

"Wow, it beautiful," I said and she looked at me smiling.

"It is isn't it? It's Grace favourite cake." She said putting the chocolate on top.

"You always make cakes for her?" I asked sitting at the counter.

"Yeah since a child she loves my homemade cakes. She hated when we would buy cakes at the supermarket. On her birthday I would always make it myself or else she wouldn't eat it." She said smiling.

"She spent most of her time with you and Roger right?" I asked lowly and she nodded.

"Roger and I did not have any kid. When Grace was born her dad and mom told us to look after her. We gladly took her in our care. As she grows up she became more attached to us and so were we." She said sighing. I was glad that they looked after her when her parents left her.

"She really loved you and Roger more," I said and she nodded.

"We treated her like our own kid. I will always remember when she first call us mom and dad. We were so happy." She said smiling.

"She deserves more than what she got." I murmured but I guess she heard it as she nodded.

"You know Xavier. Roger and I know it was you who did the contract." She said looking at me and my eyes widened.

"H-how did you know about that?" I asked and she chuckled.

"Do you really think Roger will let his baby princess go at a place with a stranger?" She asked.

"He searched for me?" I asked and she nodded.

"He did and he approved you the first time itself. He was happy you were the one that did that contract. He was very furious with Rick as he accepted immediately though." She explained and I nodded.

"That part makes me angry too," I said and she nodded.

"We know you will keep her good just give her some time and she will see it." She said and I nodded.

"Don't worry about her. I will make sure she gets what she deserves. Even if it takes times, I will wait." I said honestly. I wanted her and only her. Sure that I can wait for her.

"That good. She is lucky" she said as she placed some strawberry on the cake.

"Martha, will you like to do the shopping for Grace wedding dress with my mom?" I asked and she looked at me wide-eyed.

"W-what no. Samantha is the one who should go with your mom-"

"Samantha won't go and am sure about that as she does not give a damn care about what Grace wants and even my mom found her like a bitch and hate her. If you go both Grace and my mom will be happy." I said and she sighed.

"Ok, I will go." She said and I chuckled.

"Good and please let it be a secret for Grace," I said and she nodded smiling.

"When are you thinking to put the wedding?" She asked.

"Hmm, that I don't know. I wanted to take it slow with Grace till she was at ease with everything but Rick wants the business to mix and want us to get married soon. So I guess the wedding will be in two weeks time or three weeks." I shrugged and she nodded.

"Don't worry Xavier. If you have any doubt just talk to her. She will understand why you are doing it and will support you." She said and I nodded.

"Thanks for the talk," I said.

"It's ok but may this remained between us." She said and I nodded.

"We are home!" Yelled Grace.

Wow, I did not even hear the door opened. She walked in with a lot of bags Roger following her.

"Oh my god did you two bought the whole store?" Asked Martha shocked. Grace and Roger looked at each other and shrugged.

"No. Only half." They said together and I burst out laughing. They said it so seriously that even Martha chuckled.

"Count on these two for this type of things." Murmured Martha shaking her head.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
LovelyShifah
;)