Chapter 2

Hello:)

And now ladies and gentleman, here is chapter 2 for you all:)

This chapter is dedicated to @KanchanMehta for the lovely cover >>>> Thanks Kanchan :)

****

“You cannot control what other people do, only how you react to it.” 
― Jeffrey Fry

TEMPLAR P.O.V

Two days later, I was washing dishes while Everett was raiding the refrigerator for ice-cream, when his cellphone started ringing. With a groan, he closed the refridgerator door and picked out his cellphone from his back pocket.

“It’s Egan” he uttered before answering the call and I frowned. Every time Egan calls Rett, it’s because he wants Rett’s help in the work. Nine out of ten times it involves Rett going back to Greenrock.

Rett walked out of the kitchen while talking and my frown deepened.

I harshly placed the plate on the counter and waited for the news. My wolf growled and I took a deep breath.

He wasn’t doing this intentionally. It was difficult for him and I should be more considerate because the bottom line is, he is doing all this for me. It was for me that he decided to leave Greenrock pack, I tried to reason with my wolf but that stupid female was far from hearing my words.

You cannot be selfish. Almost everyone in Greenrock pack was relied on him, but he left them, all of a sudden, for you. I hissed at my wolf and she cowered.

Good girl! I said and mentally did a self-five.

Placing my hands on the edge of the counter, I started taking deep breaths to compose myself.

When I was sure I was calm, I started dabbing the dishes.

Rett appeared after few minutes and silently stood leaning on the threshold of the kitchen door. He was watching me silently as I consigned the dishes in their respective places.

“I have to leave tomorrow” he said and I nodded but didn’t turn to face him.

“At what time?” I asked quietly.

“Morning”

“And when will you be back?”

“Might take around two weeks” he said and I held the bowl very tightly.

Two fucking weeks.

My wolf started to whimper, but I quickly pushed her back and turned to face him with a bright smile.

“Cool” I said and he narrowed his eyes.

“Cool?” he parroted and that’s when I snapped.

“Yes. Cool. I am trying not to be selfish, okay? So please co-operate with me because at the moment all I want to do is throw this plate upon your head or even better Egan’s” I said in one breath.

Rett sucked in a breath and flashed me a startling smile before saying, “Okay”

“Good” I said keeping the plate, which I was holding, back in the shelf. I closed the shelf door harshly and flinched at the noise.

In a flash, Rett was behind me. He held my arms, twirled me around and then pulled me closer to his chest. It took me no time to wrap my arms around his waist and hug him tightly. My eyes started brimming with tears and I gulped.