Chapter 10

I am two days early :D

This chapter is dedicated to @s_red_anime who is celebrating her birthday today :)

Pic on the side is of>>>

****

“That’s the thing about books.

They let you travel without

moving your feet.”

-Jhumpa Lahiri, The Namesake

TEMPLAR P.O.V

“Templar” Rett called me and I whirled my head to look at him. “We have reached the pack” he informed climbing out of the car. Nodding, I climbed out of the car.

Immediately, I was engulfed in a bear hug by Sveta. I stood motionless as she said how happy she was to have me back. When Sveta pulled away, Ophelia, Trudy, Cam and others hugged me.

They were saying something but I didn’t listen to any of it. I was only thinking about the baby. My baby would have still been with me had I not been reckless.

I caused the death my own child.

What kind of a mother does that make me?

“Templar” I heard Trudy calling me loudly and I blinked. “What’s wrong?” she asked me confused. I blinked and stared at her in confusion. “Is everything alright? You seem lost” she said resting her hand on her baby bump.

I paled as I saw that baby bump. It brought back all the memories.

Soon, the wall that I have built in my head, to block thinking about a future with my baby, started to crumble. Each brick was breaking and I could do nothing to stop it. Desperately I shut my eyes to stop thinking, but it didn’t help. There came a wave so powerful that it shook me. It overpowered me and crumbled the wall.

Soon there were vivid images playing in my head.

A child running on the shore with Everett.  A woman with long brown hair, waiting for them to join her. She kneels down and holds out her arms to her laughing child, to Everett.

As she lifts the child up, Everett wraps his arms around them. They looked good. A happy family. The woman looked contented with her family, her face bright with happiness.

When I opened my eyes, the image was gone. Lowering my head, I stared at my own feet.