Chapter 24

Presenting, Chapter 24 which is dedicated to @HariniJanakiraman :D

****

“You always get more respect when you don't have a happy ending.” 
― Julia Quinn

EVERETT P.O.V

It worked. Tarik’s idea worked and I was so glad it worked.

I stared at Templar’s sleeping form in the couch. Tarik had put her to sleep during sunset but then he woke up all of a sudden because he wanted to see if the spirit had taken over her even when she is put to sleep.

Unsurprisingly, yes, the spirit did take over her even when she is put to sleep. But because Templar’s body is asleep, the spirit can do nothing. Instead, it’s kept caged inside a body which refuses to move.

Tarik was also asleep beside her and I sighed. My wolf didn’t like that he was holding Templar’s hand but I let it pass because this was all happening so that Templar can get her wolf soon.

“They are out?” January asked standing near the doorway with Terence.

“Yes” I replied staring at Templar. She wasn’t herself now and I could see it clearly with the change in her behavior. It was because of Drew who had taken over Templar’s body.

“Good thing this worked. It’s way better than drugging her” January said staring at Templar.

“Take her to your room” Terence suggested and I shook my head.

“Tarik should be holding her hand” I said with a growl and they nodded in understanding.

“You want me to stay?” Terence queried and I replied with a negative. “Alright” he said and walked away with his mate.

Sighing, I brought a pillow and mattress, placed it on the living room floor and decided to sleep there for what was left of the night.

I groaned when I heard the annoyingly familiar tune of my alarm.

Rubbing my eyes, I sat up and ran a hand through my messy hair. I stared at Tarik and Templar who were both sitting and sleeping on the couch.

Sighing, I stood up and kept the mattress and the pillow back in my room. Then returned to the living room and decided to wake Tarik up first. The sun was up and Templar would be back to normal.

I shook him multiple times but there was no reaction from him. Then I decided to loosen his grip on Templar’s hand but that too didn’t work, because I felt current passing through me when I touched their hand. I jumped back from the shock.

Not knowing what exactly to do next, I decided to go and bring Adio here.

Twenty minutes later, Adio was in the house. He stared at his son and sighed before going and pressing a nerve from his hand. Tarik woke up with a jolt and then blinked repeatedly. Adio spoke something to him in their language and Tarik nodded. Sighing, he loosened the hold he had on Templar’s hand.

“She will wake up in another five minutes” Tarik informed me and I nodded. Carrying Templar in my arms, I took her upstairs but stopped in my tracks when Adio called me.

“I want to talk to you” Adio said and I blinked in confusion. “Let’s meet near the temple at nine” he suggested and I nodded.

Wrapping a towel around my waist, I stepped out of the shower and saw Templar who was washing her face. “Good morning” I said and she blushed. My wolf purred when he saw it but I didn’t want him to react much to it. As much as I loved to, I didn’t want to because Templar was still not well.