They're Yelling

-Peter's P.O.V-

Turns out Peter's spider sense worked for video games. He wasn't to terrible, and once he got the hang of things, he made sure the others knew that they should not underestimate him. After a few games, Peter passes off his controller to a reluctant Wanda, and just settled to watch.

He looked over at James when the older man nudged him. "How are your wrists?" He whispered.

Peter looked at the wrapped joints, and rolled them. When he didn't feel any pain, he started to unwrap them, "They're good. Quick healing remember?"

James nodded, "Just wondering, Kid. Having fun?"

So video games were also a form of fun. Good to know. Seeing that James was still awaiting an answer, Peter nodded, "Yes, although it looks like they aren't." He pointed over to where Clint was laying on the ground, staring emotionless up at the ceiling. Sam was just staring at the screen in disbelief, and Wanda was smiling innocently.

"What...?" James trailed off. Peter snickered. It wasn't often that James was this caught off guard, but Peter found it hilarious.

"She threw a blue shell, I didn't even know she knew how to play. What the heck, Wanda?" Clint exclaimed from his spot on the ground.

"What? I don't share everything with you guys," Wanda giggled.

Sam and Clint groaned, and walked out of the room. "Getting food," they mumbled as an explanation.

Peter watched them go to the kitchen, and then turned his focus back to the group he was with. It was odd. For the first time in a long time, Peter felt himself wanting to relax. He wanted to laugh, and just be a normal kid who went to school. He wondered what would happen if his parents never gave him up. Would he have had a lot of friends? Would he still be able to do what he can do with machines and computers?

He didn't know, and it was too late to find out now. In all honesty, Peter wasn't sure how to feel about that.

He was brought out of his thoughts by a heavy and sudden hum on the base of his skull. He looked around wildly, catching the attention of the others. "Something's wro-"

Peter jumped, and crouched behind couch when a loud crack of thunder made his ears ring. He fumbled, and turned the light filter on his glasses down. He stood up in a defensive position, and looked at James, "What was that?"

James got up, slowly walked to Peter, and gently pushed the boy's fists down so they rested by his sides. "It's alright, Peter," James consoled, "It's just another person on our team. We didn't know he was coming today."

Peter thought about it. The thunder, the lightning, the lack of communication... "Thor?" He guessed. When James nodded, Peter relaxed a bit.

"Sorry about the scare, Peter. It's how Thor travels. Are you okay?" James asked.

Peter just nodded, wondering why Thor had to be so flashy. It was not needed. Then, he wondered if Thor would be alright with Peter at the Compound. If he wasn't where would Peter go? Would they just send him away? Give him to someone else? No, Thor was fine with James, so why wouldn't he be alright with Peter?

"No need to be nervous, Kid, Thor'll like you," Scott reassured.

Peter just nodded, as James lead him back to sit down on the couch. He tapped a small rhythm with his fingers, for once not worrying about his nervous ticks. There was a small ding, and Peter's, along with everyone else's, head whipped to the elevator.

There stood Thor, and slightly behind him, someone Peter had never met before.

-Wanda's P.O.V-

Wanda knew from her past experience with Ultron, that she wasn't the first person with mind-control the team had met before. She never asked about it, but she knew that it was a painful memory for Clint.

"What the hell and fuck?" Tony mumbled.

"Thor," Steve said in his 'Captain America' voice, "What is Loki doing here?"

Thor patted Loki on the shoulder roughly, "My Brother has gone through redemption! I have brought him with me to keep him under watch!"

'So he went through redemption, but you don't trust him enough to let him out of your sight. Sounds familiar,' Wanda mused to herself, remembering the first few months she had joined the team. She noticed from her spot on the floor that the tension in the room was starting to grow heavy, and it was starting to affect Peter.

Peter had a nervous look in his eyes, his once loose fists, now tight and clenched in his lap, and arms wrapped tightly around the pillow he had brought out with him. Quietly Wanda stood, and crouched low in front of him, "Come on, let's go somewhere else while they deal with this." She held her hand out for Peter to grab.

After a small hesitation, Peter softly grabbed Wanda's hand, and the two walked to her room. Wanda opened the door, and let Peter enter first before closing it, "Sorry about the tension, Peter. If it helps any, I only know what the man did from stories, and outdated news."

The two sat on Peter's bed, and Peter shrugged slightly, not meeting Wanda's eyes, "It's fine. Thank you for getting me out of the room."

"It is no problem, Peter. Things were getting uncomfortable, and I doubt that the conversation will be a peaceful one," Wanda said.

"It isn't," Peter mumbled. Wanda made a confused face, and Peter further explained, "I can hear them. They're yelling."

Wanda's face turned sympathetic, Peter's senses had to be hard. If Wanda concentrated enough, she could hear some of the voices from the room, but she couldn't make out what they were saying. To Peter, it must be lie they were just outside the door. "I'm sorry, Peter. I didn't realize. We can go somewhere else?" Wanda offered.

Peter just shook his head, "No, I'd probably be able to hear them anyways."

Wanda rested her hand on his shoulder, "What about..." She looked around her room for an idea. She spotted her guitar in the corner, playing guitar wasn't something that would drown out the yelling for a short period of time, but she was onto something. "What about I introduce you to some more music?" She offered, with a gentle smile.

Peter returned it, and nodded a bit, "Yes, please."

"FRIDAY?" Wanda asked, looking up at her ceiling.

"Yes, Ms. Wanda?" The robotic voice asked. It was quiet then usual, which Wanda was thankful for.

"Can you please put on Cavetown? My mix of their songs?" Wanda asked. When music started, Wanda said her thanks, and turned back to Peter. "It's a mellow group, I always listen to them when I get stressed."

Peter nodded, and rocked slowly to the music. "I like it," Peter decided when the song was over. "It's... soft."

Wanda smiled, "Yes it is. When Stark gets you a phone we can start downloading music onto it. It will be your own personal thing."

Peter's eyes had a flash of surprise, before he just smiled, "That seems nice."

Wanda smiled. She reached over to her nightstand, and pulled out a brush a couple hair ties. "Here," She said passing them to Peter, "Practice your braiding skills."

Peter settled behind her, and started brushing out her hair. "Can you hear them?" Wanda asked.

"Not as much," Peter responded, "The music drown them out, so I can kind of ignore them now."

Wanda hummed, and smiled in satisfaction. The two sat in comfortable silence. The music creating a calm, and nice atmosphere. 'Walking in figures of 8, I hope I'm not to late. Figure 8 clouds, I'm working things out...'

AN: So, I obviously don't own any of Cavetown's songs. I hope you enjoyed, and thanks for reading! Leave a comment, vote, and all those fun things, and until next time!