Spider, Kill

-Wolf Spider's P.O.V-

The man that the Spider had come to call his Boss stood in front of him with a wicked smile. To his side was the man who had taken the gag off of him, trembling minutely with large eyes. There were two other soldiers around the room, both staring warily at The Spider with their hands clenched around their weapons.

Out of the corner of his eye, The Spider saw a wall that looked different from the others. One-sided glass, he recognized.

"Welcome back, Wolf Spider," his boss announced, arms opening in a grand gesture. The Spider felt confusion throughout his body at the man's words. Back? Does that mean he had left?

Instead of saying this, he knew better then to voice his thoughts, he stared blankly at his boss with his back straight, shoulders back, and chin leveled. A position he knew his boss liked.

His boss smiled and mumbled, "There he is..." Then continued louder, "Mission report, August 30th of this year."

The Spider felt the memory surface without trying, and responded in a robotic tone, "August 30, mission report. Mission: Take out Avengers. Where: Avengers compound, New York. Status: Incomplete." He hadn't completed the mission? He would have shivered in fear if he had any less control over his body.

"Repeat status for me, Spider," His boss growled, smile disappearing completely.

"Status: Incomplete," Wolf Spider repeated. Anticipation for the punishment he knew that was coming started in his stomach. How had he not completed the mission? What had happened?

His boss tsked, "Now you know how I feel about failing missions, don't you?"

The Spider turned his gaze to the floor, and tilted his face down some. He knew exactly how his boss felt about failed missions.

"Luckily you haven't failed just yet. Your mission is just incomplete."

What?

"Now, I'm going to give you one more chance, just the one, to complete your mission," His boss continued. The man nodded his head to the two guards that were guarding the door, and guard one moved to the one-sided glass wall while guard two moved towards the Spider.

Guard two held out the Spider's uniform, and the Spider quickly changed without revealing anything. Years of practice in doing so coming in handy. He clipped his web-shooters on, finally completing the uniform, and went to stand at attention once more.

Zemo nodded to guard one, whose hand was hovering over a keypad, and the guard pressed the code in. The glass disappeared into the floor, revealing a chained up group of heroes. The Spider tilted his head at the group. One of the females, Scarlet Witch a part of his mind whispered, had on a power restraining collar and had tears running down her face. Another, one with a metal arm, made the Spider squint his eyes in a calculating glare. The others were looking at the Spider with wide eyes, faces pale with shock or fear the Spider didn't know.

"Spider," His boss called out to him making the Spider turn back to face him, "We have your prey caught in a web. Do not fail."

The Spider nodded and turned to start walking to his prey. "Fuck- Peter no snap out of it," The metal armed man started, voice hard. He was going to go first, the Spider decided.

"Oh Spider," his boss mused. The Spider stopped and turned his head slightly to signal that he was listening. "I see you're going for the traitor first? Why don't you draw that one out."

The Spider nodded, and once again started to walk to his prey. "Peter, kid-" Stark started, "This isn't you come on. I know you're in there Pete, come back to us." There was that strange stirring in the Spider's gut again, and the soldier turned swiftly and punched the older man's face to get him to shut up. He gave the bruised man a warning look before turning back to his original prey.

"Peter-" The Spider cut off whatever the metal armed man with a swift kick to the ribs.

-Bucky's P.O.V-

Bucky groaned as he felt his ribs start to bruise from the kick. He had forgotten how strong the kid was when he wasn't holding back. "Peter," he gasped out, "This isn't you."

An uppercut to the chin.

"You're not the Wolf Spider. This isn't you," Bucky continued. He could hear the others also trying to knock Peter out of it, but he knew that the only person Peter would listen to right now would be Zemo... and him. Although Peter wasn't listening to what he wasn't, but maybe he'd listen to what he was- is.

Left hook to the eye.

"You're Peter Parker. Fifteen-"

Punch.

"You like waffles with a sinful amount of syrup-"

Kick.

"You like reading fiction books, and helping Tony and Bruce in the lab."

His finger throbbed where Peter stepped on it.

"You like kids and playing Jenga with them-"

Right hook to the cheekbone. He could hear the others practically yelling. Didn't they get that Peter couldn't hear them?

"You have nightmares, but that's okay. We always eat waffles after because that's your comfort food."

Another kick to his stomach.

"You hate the cold, but like going up to the rooftop."

A pause- maybe it was finally working.

"Every Wednesday you hang out with me, Nat, and Wanda. You braid hair even if you're worried you'll pull to tight, but you never do. You like listening to music, and hanging out with dogs because you've always wanted one." Bucky looked Peter right in the eye, "You told me that when I was here too."

Peter blinked, and Bucky could see his eyebrows wrinkle in confusion.

"We used to trade stories to pass the time, and I taught you Morse code, and we kept each other sane."

Peter blinked rapidly, fists clenched at his side.

"You're Peter Parker," Bucky repeated in a choked voice. There was something else in Peter's eye, something other than the sickening blankness that was there.

Zemo must have sensed that his plan was falling apart, because he growled out an order that made Bucky tense and his teammates shout in objection, "Wolf Spider, end it."

Whatever look that had been in Peter's eyes before disappeared. The cold, blank look reappearing once more. He flicked his left
wrist, making the knife slide out, and looked Bucky straight in the eye. There was a flicker of something, and Bucky knew he still had a chance. "Peter, it's okay. We're not mad. We're scared for you. We're worried for you. Come back to us, Pete."

Peter raised his blade, and Bucky looked the kid right in the eye. He tried to convey the care, and forgiveness in his gaze. He tried to let Peter know that he didn't blame him and this wasn't his fault.

The blade moved forward...

and never hit.

Bucky looked down at the blade in surprise, breathing a sigh in relief when he saw that it had stopped half an inch away. The knife trembled in Peter's grasp, and Bucky's heart squeezed when he looked up at Peter.

They young boys face was still blank, but his eyes. His eyes were a whirlwind of emotion. Defiance and terror mixing in his brown eyes. Tears dropped silently down his cheeks as the boy shook. His eyes burning at the top of the blade.

"Come on, Peter. You got this. Come back to us," Bucky encouraged.

There was a tense silence before Zemo broke the silence once more. Shouting the orders that froze Bucky's core. "Spider, kill! I order you to kill!"

Peter looked back up to Bucky, "I'm sorry." Quicker than anyone could stop him, Peter raised the knife up to his own right shoulder, and sliced down.

AN: Ha, and you thought the cliff hangers were over. I loved your reactions to the last chapter, they were hilarious.

Also??? Stan Lee???? I thought he was immortal????

Thanks for reading! Until next time!