Doesn't Know

-Peter's P.O.V-

Things come back in small pieces. Small words that make no sense since they're out of context. Touches that seem to skip across his skin even though they might just be a tight grip. The feeling of the blankets under him, and the itchiness of the blanket that comes and goes. There's the smell of hot chocolate, and the smells that he gotten to associate with the Avengers.

He just can't see anything, and that annoys him more than he would like. That along with the fact that he was totally helpless.

Then the words that make no sense start to twist together to make words that do make sense.

"You really need to wake up," Wanda whispers, and Peter can feel her hand brush Peter's bangs out of his eyes. "There is so much we must talk about. I didn't mean to- really I didn't- but your emotions were so strong. I couldn't... couldn't help but feel your pain. Your anger. Your sadness. I couldn't comfort you then. I can't- can't comfort you now. And I want to comfort you more than this. So you need to wake up. I cannot lose another brother. I can't..." Wanda's voice fades out after that. The last thing Peter catching is the sound of her light sniffles.

It's Loki's voice that Peter heats next. Cool, and steady as ever. "You have made quite the impact on everyone. They were all very... quiet." There's a pause and Loki's voice has a tense sound to it. "You have made quite the impact on me. Surprising in such a short amount of time, and I admit... it is unnerving." Another long pause, but now Loki's voice was weak with a hint of bitterness. "I saw... I saw the gag on the ground. I didn't want for it to be true, but after we saw the footage... I am sorry you had to go through what you have had to, Peter. I have been... made unable to speak before, and I would not wish that on you. I will make sure the people who did this to you pay, Peter. You can trust me on that."

It's Tony that Peter hears next. Voice tired, as if Tony hasn't slept in days. It makes Peter wonder how long he'd actually been asleep. "Jeez, Kid... you're gonna make me grow a lot more gray hairs." A self deprecating laugh, "It's... It's December fifth. You've been asleep for one week. But don't worry! You're safe. King T'Challa- you remember him, right? He has guards watching you at all times. And- and you've got all of us here too. Oh- you're in Wakanda by the way." Tony sighed, "I don't- I hope that helped. They say people in a comatose state can hear what's going on around them. If that's true... you must be pretty lost. It's the least I can do to give you a map and help you get found."

"Oh, Маленький паук," It's Natasha's warm voice, "You're going to be alright. You have to be. We still have so much to teach you. You still have so much more to do, and so much more to experience. We- we miss you very much my Маленький паук. Clint is... working very hard on finding your birth parents. In fact, I would like to talk to them myself. We have Zemo in a maximum security prison, guarded like you wouldn't believe. Loki has been helping me question him. The others are out of their mind with worry. Shuri's even helping Bruce. You need to wake up. You- You really need to wake up."

Steve is next. Peter can hear him more clearly than the others. He can hear the sounds of everything in the room, and feel the bandages around his torso. He's getting ready to wake up, but he doesn't know if he wants to. He doesn't know if everything will be the same when he wakes up. He doesn't know if the others will consider him family when he wakes up.

"Hey, Pete," Steve starts, his voice is slightly shaky, "It's been ten days, bud. We're getting kinda nervous. You can- you can breath on your own which is... is really good. Shuri's tech has really done its job. I think you'd really like it. Shuri's been worried sick. I mean... we're-we're all really worried. You just- you really need to wake up, Pete. It's- we're really scared for you. We're... we're kind of terrified." Peter wants to assure him that it'll be fine. They just need to be a little more patient. "Did you- Bruce! Shuri! Someone! His- his finger- It twitched!"