Second Life [pt.5]

6 days since our first encounter with Zabuza.

Inari hadn't said a word since I set him straight.

Progress on the Jesus walk was coming along. Enough time had passed for me to reasonably figure out the technique, though I may have been a bit off considering Naruto and Sasuke.

They could walk around alright, but as soon as they lost focus... Let's just say those 2 idiots should be glad they brought spare clothing.

Case in point, they wouldn't be fighting on water any time soon.

"Naruto, Sasuke."

"Can't you see we're busy training Basuto?" Naruto was quick to snark, the lack of progress was getting to him. 

"Come here," I told them both, silently debating the worth of pushing Naruto into the water.

"How much chakra do you need to stay on the water?" I almost felt like a highschool teacher, asking the students a question with a stupidly obvious answer.

By the glare on his face, Sasuke felt the same.

This Uchiha, I swear. I thought I was bad as a moody teenager.

"The water's surface is always moving, so you have to adjust the chakra constantly."

I nodded my head.

"Exactly. The way you are going about it now is inefficient. Half the time is spent getting out of the water, so I propose an alternative." 

My statement was met with boredom from my teammates, but our sensei looked up at me with a keen eye.

"Oh? Is my cute little genin trying to become a sensei now? well, let's hear your idea."

"Are you all aware of a concept known as liquid sand?" My question was met with 3 negatives.

"It's very simple. If you continually flow a specific amount of wind chakra through sand, the pressure and consistency will be nearly identical to water. If you two practice on that instead, you won't get wet and there's also no risk of hypothermia."

"That could certainly work, but unless you have a wind affinity, how will you circulate it through the sand?"

I gave him a blank stare.

"No, I don't. That's your job."

"Ma Basuto-kun, I have a lightning affinity, not wind."

"You've copied over a thousand jutsu, some must have been wind, and you certainly have the chakra control to manipulate wind chakra no matter what your affinity is."

He raised his hands in defense.

"Alright, you've got me. I have to say, I didn't expect such a good idea from you Basuto-kun. You make me such a proud sensei." There was genuine praise in his words, though I certainly didn't appreciate him patting my head at the end.

I tried to hide my annoyance, but I simply couldn't hold back my glare at his actions.

Do I look like a fucking dog to you? Wait, don't answer that. You'll probably say something stupid like I look like a cat.

With a small chuckle from Kakashi, we got to work. We quickly built a small basin, just big enough for my teammates to comfortably walk around on. It was immediately filled with sand from the riverside. It took about 10 minutes to get just the right amount of chakra flowing in the sand to make it like water,  but the faces of my teammates made it so worth it. They had begun to doubt my claims of 'liquid sand' as time progressed, until they eventually fell right through the sand as it's consistency changed. certainly wasn't the smartest idea for them to chill on top of the sand.