three

Kelly stared at her laptop monitor anxiously biting her lip. What was about to happen made her stomach churn in very uncomfortable ways. She was about to see the boy behind the voice. The boy she had been playing with for over a month now.

It seemed as if in every romance movie, the guy would find the girl remarkably beautiful in every way. But Kelly felt as if she wasn't what Luke was expecting. She didn't have the perfect figure. She didn't have long flowing natural wavy hair. She didn't have extremely small breasts. Kelly was not your picture perfect girl. And you could say that she was terrified to see Luke.

They had exchanged Skype last night, so now was the moment of truth. Kelly let out a shaky breath, pulling her medium length curly brown hair into a pony tail. Her mind was racing with scenarios. What if Luke thought she was unattractive? What if he didn't want to play online with her anymore? That thought scared her.

Suddenly the laptop started ringing, which meant Luke was requesting a call. Kelly froze in place, her finger directly over the mousepad. Maybe she could make up some lame excuse about getting sick. But that was a bitch move. Another thought found it's way into Kelly's mind. What if Luke wasn't who he portrayed to be.

Kelly closed her eyes and pressed answer. She kept her eyes closed, to scared to see the blonde staring back at her on screen.

"Kelly?" Luke asked staring in awe at the girl on his screen. He watched as her eyes slowly opened, revealing that they were a deep shade of brown. She blinked a few times, almost as if she were speechless. Both teens stared at each other for what seemed hours. Luke's icy blue eyes made Kelly want to drop dead. She had a thing for guys with blue eyes.

"Hi," she finally spoke up.

Luke smiled, "Hi."

It was so strange finally seeing the person you've been talking to after a month. It actually changes everything. Kelly immediately felt self conscious about her appearance after seeing Luke. She looked all over her room before grabbing a blanket. Kelly draped the blanket over her face.

"Kelly, what are you doing?" Luke asked, his eyebrows furrowing together.

"I don't know what you mean," she responded with a shrug. It may have been ridiculous and childish, but that's who Kelly was. She didn't think things through. And even if she did, they always ended up ending poorly. That was the main reason Luke was her partner in crime.

Luke tilted his head to side, feeling a bit sad that the blanket was blocking his view of her face. When the screen flashed Kelly's face, Luke felt all his nerves wash away. "Can you take the blanket off your head please?" Luke laughed.

Kelly sighed, but did as he told her. Reluctantly she slid the cover off, her hair now sticking up in almost every direction. Luke bit back a laugh at the sight of her frizzy hair. When Kelly saw her face in the corner of the screen, she basically screamed. To her, she looked absolutely horrid.

Luke jumped slightly at the sound of her shriek. She pulled the hairband out of her hair, brown curls framing her face. It was better than having it all frizzed at the top of her head. Luke stared at her in amazement as she did this. Kelly looked back up at the screen, seeing Luke staring at her.

"What?" She asked fidgeting in her spot on her bed.

"Wow," was all he said which made Kelly even more confused. Was that a good wow or a bad wow? Kelly thought to much into things.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Kelly asked leaning forward a bit towards the camera. Luke loved when she acted all innocent and clueless. Maybe it wasn't an act, but he didn't care.

"Wow as in," he scanned over her soft features, "You're beautiful."

He wanted to slap himself in face after saying that. Who just comes right out and says that? Luke was never one to call a girl beautiful. So you could say it was a bit of a surprise.

Kelly's cheeks enflamed into a bright red color. No boy had ever called her beautiful before. Actually no one ever has, except her mom. But that doesn't count. The only problem was, Kelly didn't know how to respond. So the two just sat there in an awkward silence.

"Shit. I made this awkward, didn't I?" Luke asked trying to cover it up with a laugh. But it was clear he was really anxious all of a sudden.

"Nah," Kelly waved him off, "I'm just an extremely awkward person."

They both laughed and it was as if the awkward barrier had disappeared. The regular tag team was now back to normal.

"Can I ask you something?" Kelly giggled slightly. They had been talking for over an hour now. She felt oddly comfortable with talking to Luke over Skype. This would probably become a thing for them soon.

"Shoot," Luke said holding up his fingers like a gun.

She giggled again, "What's it like to have blue eyes?"

Luke laughed loudly. Kelly was used to only hearing his laugh through her television speakers. But it was completely different, now actually seeing him laugh. He threw his head back and his eyes sparkled.

He then shrugged, "It's alright. I mean, I love brown eyes."

"Why?" Kelly practically gasped. She always thought her eyes resembled dirt and that was never a pretty thing.

"I don't know! They're just really pretty and I like them," Luke tried explaining but it ended up making him sound like an idiot. Kelly chuckled at him, which earned her a playful glare.

The two spent the rest of the night laughing and talking about random unimportant things. But they both enjoyed every moment of it.

-

well there you go

Kelly is literally me omg

also I'm hoping that nobody actually called that number in chapter one bc I don't know if it's legit or not