Tea Time With Tomas

It had been a tiring three months of worry for Tomas Marvolo Prince-Slytherin. The object of his worries was the small bundle curled up in his lap. He sighed as he gently ran his hand through the midnight black hair of his son and allowed his mind to relive the three months with Hades. Possibly the best months of his life so far.
~Lazy Flashback~
He had been worried about the child dying in Severus' arms, the blood having stained the carpet. Hades had been on Death's doorstep constantly for two weeks. Severus had been torn with what to do.
"Tom, I can't do it! I can't return to that old coot! I know I still have two weeks before school starts but I can't just leave! Something could go wrong! Our son could die while I'm gone during classes!" Severus had been pacing for the better part of an hour, slowly working himself up more with each passing minute. Tom sighed, rewrapping the Slytherin blanket around the limp form of their son.
"You know that you don't have to return. It would be nice to have more time with you and you could keep an eye on him. It won't be hard to get a new spy." Tom knew the logic would go in one ear and out the other as Severus started to break down. Tom could practically feel the waves of exhaustion radiating from him.
"Severus, love, how about you rest? I know it's been a long two weeks but this is unhealthy. We'll worry about the future when I get home during the break in sessions. Lucius, Harry, and I need to be present at the session today. No, I know that look. You will stay here and rest. It's my turn to take care of Harry. We will only be a port key away. I promise to alert you if anything happens." Tom made sure that Sev had taken a dreamless sleep before flooing to the atrium of the Ministry of Magic. Lucius was waiting for him along with a few of his other sane followers and Rita Skeeter. Tom groaned, repositioning the boy on his hip. Rita was the first to break the silence of the group.
"Lord Slytherin, is it correct that the child in your arms is your son? Is he in any danger from anything in his home life? What is his name? Is his appearance in any way related to the disappearance of Harry Potter and the death of Lord Black?" She had to pause for a breath, allowing Tom to answer a few of the questions while a picture was taken.
"Ms. Skeeter, I assure you that my son is perfectly safe now. His mother was the cause of all the suffering. My bonded and I have just recently received guardianship over him due to her death. I am afraid that I haven't heard anything about the disappearance of Harry Potter and I am grieved to hear of Lord Black's passing." At the last statement, he bowed slightly to Lucius, who understood the need to get Rita away from him.
"What is the boy's name?" Rita's annoying voice was grating on his fragile nerves.
"His name is Hades. Excuse us, we need to be off. Always a pleasure, Ms. Skeeter." Lucius swept to the rescue. The court session itself was mostly boring. Right before the scheduled break, Tom dropped the bombshell that had been avoided previously. It was an innocent question with a simple answer: Where was Potter? Shockingly Dumbledore announced that it was time to break.
Tom smiled as he flooed home. His husband had tea set out, reading a potions book distractedly in his PJs, and was chewing his lower lip in the fashion that meant he was nervous. They talked for a few minutes, Severus cradling the newly dubbed Hades as he fretted. Then their son opened his eyes! Harry had woken up! Tom couldn't stop smiling as he informed Lucius of the improvement.
~End Lazy Flashback~~~
Severus was fuming as he glared at his tea. Tom's sat on the table, having gone cold long ago while he colored with his son and listened to Severus gently rant about the meeting. Hades had fallen asleep curled up to him, oblivious to the anger of his dada. Tom still couldn't get over the fact that he had missed his child's first word! He decided that he would ask for the memory later as he used a charm to reheat his tea.
"Severus, I agree that Alberta. Sorry, I meant Albus is still a threat to us but until he can produce Harry Potter, his support will continue to drop. Hades has protection from Hogwarts herself. He's even begun healing!" Tom smiled proudly at the bundle of warmth next to him. It was truly great to be a father at times...