30

EMILYS P.O.V

I ran my hand along the edges of the car seat my eyes flickering to the right to see Four in the same position, one hand hanging loosely on the wheel while the other was stretched over on my knee.

My eyes glanced outside to see the same scenery I have been looking at for the past hour of driving on the road, green tears after trees lined up creating a forest atmosphere. My eyes glanced in the mirror to see the black jeeps following behind as they have done since we left.

For most of the journey I was sleeping and Four just woke me up an hour ago asking if I needed to go to the bathroom or anything.

I felt weird, my heart believed Fours words, I thought he was actually going to try change but their was still a feeling that I shouldn't get my hopes up and be prepared to be stuck up in that bedroom.

But what did this mean? Did he mean he was going to actually let me explore around the lands? Let me see all the things he has been hiding from me or was all the stuff coming out of his mouth empty promises.

I shook my head shaking the negative thoughts out of my head, this was a fresh start I can't think about the past events. He was going to try and that's all that mattered.

I felt his hand squeeze my knee as my eyes snapped to his to see that his were flickering from me to the road.

"What are you thinking?" He asked his eyebrows furrowing in confusion as he was genuinely interested in what was going on inside my head.

If he'd ask me this before I would of been angry that I couldn't even keep my thoughts private but now I could tell by his face he was just asking out of curiosity.

I just shrugged in response I couldn't exactly say that I was worried that he was going to lock me up and shield me from the outside world now could I? I knew he couldn't change overnight and his temper was going to take time to control.

I leaned my head back in the seat closing my eyes letting the quite sound of the radio take over once again, I wasn't tired, I actually wanted to just get out and run my legs had been cramped in the same spot for that long.

After a few minutes of just feeling Fours warm hand on my knee I felt him squeeze it this time, I peeked my eyes open glancing over to him to see that the car was now no longer moving.

"I want you to forgive me and trust me but I know it's not that easy. I kept you from your family Emily and trust me it was the hardest thing to hear you cry at night and not being able to tell you it was okay because I knew it was a lie. I know nothing I can do can take back all those months but I'm willing to give it a good shot" Four sighed shaking his head.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he spoke, I thought we had already gone over this this morning? My gaze then left his eyes to look out the front window to see the house that I'd thought I'd be spending a boring summer at.

My eyes then flashed back to his wide, what was he trying to do? Was he messing with me just to get me upset or something.

"Go, I'll be back for you in a few hours love" His next words shocked me and it took me a few moments for them to register in my head as I had to make sure that I had just heard right.

I pounced forward wrapping my arms around his neck earning a small breath of laughter escape from his lips as he reached behind me clicking of my belt and pulling my whole body over so I was now straddling him in the front seat.

But I didn't care, I didn't care about anything that happened before now, he was letting me spend time with my grandma alone. He was giving me something I never thought he would even consider.