Chapter 1

~PRESENT DAY *DELILAH'S POV*~

I groaned as I felt someone shaking me out of my peaceful sleep,"what do you want?" I groan. I heard Sarah chuckle lightly,"c'mon babe, it's almost twelve noon." I whine,"that's too early." The shaking doesn't stop so I finally give in and sit up,"I'm gonna shower." I say softly and stand up. I grab my clothes and walk to the bathroom.

I get undressed and turn on the warm water, humming to One Directions 'Diana'.

Okay, yes, I do like 1D.. Well, more like love them! I mean who doesn't.

Anyways, as I am humming I get a call from my best friend Nicole. Her name is Kara but I call her by her middle name because I'm a total boss. I answer the call and sigh,"yes, darling?" I yawn into the phone and check the water,"hi!! What are you up too?!" She shouts into the phone excitedly. I groan,"Kara, I swear, you're too damn hyper." I chuckle lightly,"I'll call you back, I'm gonna shower." I say into the phone then hang up.

I step into the shower and close my eyes as the warm water relaxes my tense muscles.

//After Shower\\

I get out of the shower and pull on my clothes. I put on a grey long-sleeved 'Obey' shirt with my skinny jeans, black Vans, and a beanie. I do my make up, which consisted of eye-liner, mascara, and mint EOS lip balm. I grab my phone and call Kara back, just like a said. I waited for a bit before she answered,"hey Delilah! Have you gotten any interesting news?" She asked. I furrowed my eye brows,"no? Why?" I asked. She stutters a bit,"I-I'm coming dad! Sorry, love, dad is calling for me." She says quickly and hangs up.

Well, that was weird.

The thing with Kara is, she was adopted by a woman last year. Her name was Lucy Higgins. (A/n- idk bare with me people) But I thought nothing of it. I decided to paint my nails when Sarah walked into the room,"Delilah, there's someone here to see you." She said softly. I look up from my nails,"huh?" I stand up and walk over to her. I look out into the hall and see THE Paul Higgins standing next to her. No way! This can't be happening. One Direction's main security guard is not in front of me. Okay, deep breaths.

'I'll just close my eyes and when I open them he'll be gone.'

I thought as I closed my eyes tightly,"that's not going to work love." I heard him chuckle. I open my eyes and groan,"how? Why?" I ask and tilt my head,"well, I've been working in your adoption for about half a year now. And I finally got accepted to adopt you. We just did this behind your back so we could surprise you." Paul smiles. My eyes widen,"you're adopting me?! Oh my gosh.. When are we leaving? I need to pack, say goodbye to everyone.." I ramble on and run into my room. Paul laughs softly,"you have a few hours love. We have a plane to catch." I nod and grab a small suitcase from under the bed. I started throwing in all of my clothes and shoes. I grabbed a small bag for all of my hair products, make up, and bath needs. I put all of my electronics and the chargers, other than my phone, in another bag.

Within an hour I was fully packed and we had to leave for the airport. I hugged Sarah tightly and sighed softly,"I'll call when I land. And I'll be sure to stay in touch." I said softly and sniffled. I never thought that it'd be this hard to leave this place.

I get in the car and wave as Paul pulls away and drives off. I lean back and Paul's phone starts ringing,"hun, can you answer that?" He asked. I nodded and grabbed his phone,"hello?" I answered,"umm is this Paul Higgins phone?" A familiar voice asked,"yeah, who's this?" I asked and checked the name.

Shit.

Zayn Malik, I was talking to the Zayn Malik on Paul Higgins phone.

I'm guessing Paul noticed and chuckled when he took the phone.

After 10 minutes, Paul got off of the phone and we pulled up to the airport. We got out of the car and got all of my bags, putting them with the other luggage that was gonna go on our plane. We got on the plane and got settled. I pulled out my headphones and laid back, closing my eyes.

The last thing I remember is feeling the plane take off before slipping into unconsciousness.

================================================ A/N--- Hai guys!!! Sooooooo sorry it took this long to update. Umm yeah. So Vote•Comment•Share. And don't be afraid to give me a follow. (: