Don't Overlook your Health

Often, for the board exam review, we forget one important thing: our health and well-being. Even while we are reviewing, we should take time to exercise and rest. We should also take care of our diet and make sure we are eating foods that will help improve our minds.

Don't neglect adequate rest and sleep. You should still sleep for at least 6-8 hours a day. We may be tempted to pull all-nighters, but we need to rest so our minds also have time to recuperate and process information well.

Find time to move your body. Exercise has been proven to improve our brains and overall health. It may be half an hour of walking, or if you want to stay at home, there are many free exercise videos on Youtube. You can always choose what works for you and your schedule.

Eat healthy brain food such as peanuts, walnuts, dark chocolate, fish, fresh fruits, and green vegetables. Drink enough water. Vitamins and supplements may help.

Ideally, on the week of the exam, you should be resting. You should have studied all you need to study. Cramming near the exam often worsens the pressure and doesn't help retention. That's why we should prepare as early as possible and keep our health in check.