5 Bible Verses for your Review

Are you reviewing for a professional licensure exam in the Philippines? Or are you taking a college course that requires you to pass a state board examination to practice a profession? If you are, you may be feeling nervous. You may be uncertain about whether you have what it takes to pass. There is pressure from your teachers, school, family, and friends to pass the exam.

You may consider it the most difficult exam of your life. No wonder Filipinos always try to pray to saints, visit churches, and even buy lucky charms and trinkets that we believe may help us pass. We try to study in good review centers but most of us pray earnestly for passing and also ask others to pray for us.

I felt the same when I took the board last 2015. I was just a new Christian then, but my faith was so strong that I believed it would be possible with God. I was already confident since I knew my own capacity and I understood the subjects of my course well. Still, I needed more effort in studying because it's easy for me to be lazy, and even the slightest negative comment is enough to affect my studying. I was confident in my abilities, but I knew it wasn't enough. I humbly asked God for wisdom and guidance.

I realize now that we not only need outstanding faith during the board exam, but we must also pray after the exam and the new challenges of professional life. I admit that after the board, my faith weakened and I often didn't know what to do when faced with challenges.

Now that I myself teach review classes for those who will take the board, I always keep in mind to pray for the test-takers. Here are some of the Bible verses that gave me strength and inspired me to study even if I didn't feel like it.

James 1:5-9, Ask God for wisdom

"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."

Exodus 14:14, God knows your battles

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

Isaiah 41:10, God is always with us

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Matthew 7:7-8, Ask in faith

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Job 28:23-28, True Wisdom

I recommend reading the of the book of Job because I think it is a beautiful description of God's works and wisdom.

"God alone understands the way to wisdom; he knows where it can be found, for he looks throughout the whole earth and sees everything under the heavens. He decided how hard the winds should blow and how much rain should fall. He made the laws for the rain and laid out a path for the lightning. Then he saw wisdom and evaluated it. He set it in place and examined it thoroughly. And this is what he says to all humanity: 'The fear of the Lord is true wisdom; to forsake evil is real understanding.'"

I'm sure there are many more Bible verses in the Word that can give you strength. I hope you also find time to read the Bible even if you are busy with studying during this time.