Chapter 1 - Part 1

Please note this story has not been fully edited & will have spelling & grammar mistakes.

**********

Where was I? My mind still clouded with sleep tried to place my surroundings as I rubbed my eyes trying to adjust to the lack of light but I couldn't. I blinked. At first my vision was blurry but it began to sharpen.

The room wasn't familiar. It was dark and damp. I was shivered. When I looked down I saw I was only dressed in a white vest and underwear. Where were my clothes? What had I been wearing? I closed my eyes tightly trying to grasp at the last thing I could remember but there was just a nothingness. I was so thirsty my throat felt parched. I sat up slowly taking in my surroundings to indicate where I was. The feel of something heavy around my wrist caught my attention. Something was locked around my wrists. It was restraints. I tried to pull my one hand free but they were too tight. Panic rose up sharply at the thought I was being restrained.

I wanted to cry in frustration and growing panic as I tried to free my other hand but no amount of tugging was going to get me free. My wrist began to bleed but I couldn't escape.

For a moment I bowed my head and a tear slipped free. Who would do this? And why? A shiver of fear raced up my spine before it began to seep into me taking hold.

I couldn't remember anything. I didn't know what had happened to me? Feeling the rising panic I felt my lungs squeeze as I tried to breathe. My heart began to beat erratically and all I could hear was the echo of its beat. There was a small window with right at the top of the wall furthest from me. It was only enough to filter moonlight from the outside world.

The only way out of the room was a heavy steel door. The chains to my restraints didn't allow me near enough to the door to try and open it. I tugged on the chains that were bolted into the wall hoping it would loosen but it didn't budge.

That's when I realized there was no escape. Hopeless.

Defeated I sank down with my back against the cold unyielding surface of the wall with my eyes fixed on the door. It was the only way in or out of the room.

I had never felt so alone and scared in my life. I wrapped my arms around my knees and rested my chin. The silence was deafening and foreboding.

My hair was untidy and wet. I tucked my hair behind my ear and as my fingers trailed down I get something that hurt. I winced. I touched the skin and felt two small sensitive bumps. What had happened to me? I had more questions than answers.

I lost my sense of time as I waited for the door to open but it didn't.

I had never been religious but I prayed that it was a bad dream I would wake up from but no matter how much I begged I never woke up and my nightmare continued.

Eventually the walls began to feel like they were pressing down on me and the claustrophobic feeling like I was going to suffocate made me get up. I walked over to the small window as close as I could get with the chains to my restraints were strained.

"Help me," I said, testing my dry throat. No matter how much I swallowed it felt raw and scratchy.

"Please help me," I repeated looking up to the window hoping someone could hear me as I raised my voice.

It was dark and the window was so dirty it was difficult to make out much.

But not amount of yelling or screaming brought anyone to my rescue. "Help!"

I screamed again and again. Until it eventually only came out in a hoarse whisper.

Feeling more disheartened I sat down and gave into tears. My shoulders slumped forward.

I couldn't stop myself from thinking about all the scenarios that would fit this situation and none of them boded well for me.

Was I being trafficked? Had someone picked me from my ordinary life to sell for a profit? My lack of clothing did nothing to weaken the idea, if anything it strengthened it.

Oh my God. I felt the suffocating fear of what that meant for me. My chest hurt.

Didn't they drug their victims to get them dependent on them so they wouldn't try and leave? My fingers touched my sensitive neck. The holes felt too big for a needle but it was the only explanation that held any weight. I didn't feel like I was on anything but maybe it had worn off.

I waited and waited but nothing happened and I stared into the darkness until my lids grew heavy. Tiredness ached in my muscles and all I could think of was drifting off to sleep but a fear so deeply rooted held me to reality.

Then just as I was about to doze off there was a sound of footsteps. One by one. Calm and controlled. With growing fear, I sat up straining my ears.

Another one. They were growing louder as they drew nearer.

Fear gripped me and I wanted to hide but there was no where to run. I stood up and backed up against the wall as far away as I could get. I couldn't get away even if I wanted to.

The footsteps halted outside the door to my prison and I held my breath as I waited. In that moment I wished I had taken some self defence classes but instead of spending my free time nose deep in a book.

There was a sharp sound as the door unlocked and squeaked as it opened slowly. The air changed as I stared at the only figure illuminated in the doorway.

There was something familiar about the smell in the air and the spark of electricity that thrummed in the air as I watched the man enter the room. It was dark but I could tell he was dressed in black. His shoulders were broad and I swallowed.

Another step brought him into the light from the moon and revealed his face.

His features were perfect from the straight line of his nose and his defined jaw. Even down to his thin lips. His eyes as they swept over me like I was an object. His midnight black hair hung straight to rest just over his ears. His eyes were dark, not just a dark brown, but a deep pools of ink that captivated me and I couldn't look away.

I didn't cower when he moved closer, not giving into the fear he provoked. I stood my ground keeping his gaze.

As he neared I kept my gaze fixed on his. And then he came to a stop in front of me. He was so close I reach out and touch him but I didn't dare move.

I fought for control. My mind fighting an unknown pull to him.

He was the enemy. I was bound and unable to leave of my own free will. I was a prisoner and he was my captor.

His eyes travelled down my face and stopped when they reached my neck. Subconsciously I lifted my hand to my neck to the two puncture marks. He lifted his hand to move my hand and I dropped it to my side.

His fingers gently touched the marks. His touch as soft as it was sent a shiver through me and I arched my neck closing my eyes as I rode the sensation. It was beyond anything I had never experienced it before and I didn't want it to end.

Before I realized it, his hand wrapped firmly around my throat.

"Open your eyes," he commanded. His voice was like velvet that wrapped around me. I followed his instruction without question. I couldn't deny him. My eyes flew open and I looked into the two pools of nothingness.

I was under his spell as I stared into his eyes.

The pressure of his hold on me increased and he stared at me while he squeezed. His hold tighter and then I couldn't take a breath.

I felt the panic set in. I couldn't breathe. My hands gripped his to try and unlock his hold from me so I could feel my lungs with air but he was unmovable.

My fingers clawed at his wrist but his grip only tightened. My nails dug into his skin in a frenzy as I fought for breath. His blood flowed but not amount of pain I inflicted would make weaken his grip.

One hand gripped his shirt and my alarmed eyes shot to his. Please. My lungs squeezed, agony as I failed to fill them with air.

But despite my frantic fight he would not let go. I began to see spots in my vision.

And then the darkness came.