Chapter 2 - Part 2

A rage erupted inside of me making me rise up and stalk over to him.

"I want some answers," I yelled stabbing him with my finger to his chest. "I've been kidnapped, held against my will and I want to know what you want from me."

I wanted to shake him to raise some emotion from him but he stood immovable and indifferent to my meltdown.

"Are you experimenting on me? Is that it?" I asked studying him closely to see any sign that I was on the right track with my question.

Feeling more frustrated I slammed my fist onto his chest. He didn't even flinch or make any move to stop me. I wanted answers and I wanted him to give them too.

"Answer me," I yelled beating my fists against his chest. Desperation clawed at me as a sob tore from me.

At this point I was past caring what he would do to me.

When he remained silent the rage that had burned inside of me dimmed and it left as suddenly as it had started. My hands fisted his shirt. Without the emotion I felt so tired. It felt like all my energy had been sapped from my body and when I rested my forehead against his chest. I squeezed my eyes shut for a moment before I lifted my head to gaze up at him and dropped my hands from his chest.

His eyes hypnotized me and I struggled to look away.

My vision tilted. He caught me and carried me on the bed with an ease and speed that I didn't have the mind to process.

"No more," I whispered, pushing him away. Tears escaped from my eyes. I didn't have the strength to go through that again and I wanted him to go so I could close my eyes just for a minute.

A tiredness seeped into my muscles making my eyelids grow heavy. I felt a finger on my cheek as I slipped into the darkness.

***********

I stared at the ceiling listening for any sounds. It was so quiet. Too quiet.

But at least I felt better than I had when I had woken up this time but remembering I was being held against my will and what had been done to me weighed heavily on my mind.

I dreaded the next visit from the dark haired man who had tormented me from the start of my captivity.

Even trying to think back to how I had been taken was jumbled and hazy. I remembered who I was. I remembered a childhood growing up with two very loving parents. Unlike most adults my age I didn't have childhood baggage.

Even at school my grades had been average but a love of books had pushed me into working as a Liberian. Seeing rows and rows of books excited me and the smell of books gave me a feeling of contentment.

The last jumbled memory I could recall was leaving my one bedroom apartment to go to work. But I had no memory of being kidnapped. It was even difficult to time line how long I had been here. My guess was three days.

I stayed in regular content with my parents since I had left home two years ago. Had I been gone long enough for them to be concerned?

The suspense for my next encounter with my tormentor kept me on edge.

The blood stains on the white vest I wore reminded me of my last encounter with him. My fingers touched my lips when I remember his mouth against mine. The thought gave me a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I was a shy girl who had struggled to feel comfortable with boys. But despite that I slept with a guy who I had dated for about three months. He had been an accountant who worked in the building next door to the library.