CHAPTER 1

Two days ago

Dharani's POV:

I grabbed my sword as tight as I could and took a deep breath. "You can do it," I said to myself as I saw the tall guy approaching me with a similar sword. Without giving me any time to think he immediately pulled the sword and aimed for my neck. Smart move! 

I moved to my right side and used my sword to hit his sword with all my strength knocking his sword down. That's the easiest part. The part which Acharya loved to watch and admire. Now for the hardest. I pulled my sword back and aimed for his neck. The sword was just an inch away from his neck. He looked into my eyes and gave a 'please spare me' look. "Princess," was all he had to say before I pulled my sword back and let him go.

"Again?" I heard Acharya shout as he walked towards me. "This is the eighth time you've done this today Dharani and you've been doing this every day. You cannot let go of your enemy like that."

"But...but Acharya he is our man. Our soldier," I reminded trying to defend myself though I knew it was pretty useless. The swords were not real. He was not going to get hurt anyway and just to make things clearer I'd been given an opportunity to kill a terrorist and I'd done the same. Retreat at the last moment. 

"Yes, of course," Acharya said sarcastically mocking at my lame excuse.

"I know I was wrong Acharya," I said trying to make peace, "I will work to get this right."

"That you should, dear," I heard my father say as he walked towards me. My mother was walking beside him smiling as usual. They are a great pair and my eyes would never be able to get enough of them and beside them was my brother. He is my best friend and my worst enemy.

"Greetings Acharya," they said in unison before my father turned towards me and continued his conversation.

"I don't want you to be a mere housewife to your future husband dear," he said, "I want you to be strong. I want you to be with him, not behind him. I want you to be perfect in everything and if there is a war I want you to fight alongside him, like a warrior, like your mother."

I turned towards my mother who wasn't comfortable with all this. She slightly blushed and turned towards me changing the topic.

"I don't want to go around the bush, honey," she said. She never went.

"Do you love someone or have someone in your mind that you think you should get married to?"

I was taken aback. Marriage? I never really thought about that, not till today and wasn't expecting this question any time sooner.

"No, I don't have anyone in mind," I replied gaining back my senses.

"Then we could....."

"Yes, you can," I completed. I trust their choice. They've always given me the best and I believe if three highly intellectual people would make a decision it could never go wrong.

"You know what," I said going a bit overboard which I probably didn't realize at that time, "Just go search for a man and I promise if the three of you are okay with someone I would marry him without question. That is how much I trust you."

My mom smiled and kissed me on my forehand while my brother Dev grabbed her hand and looked at her as if he was silently asking 'am I adopted?'

She bent forward and kissed her 14 years old not so grown up son.

Meanwhile, we were interrupted by a knock on the door and we all turned around in unison. A messenger was standing there with a rolled cotton cloth in his hand. That means we've got a letter.

"Bring it here," father ordered. "Where is it from?" he casually asked as he opened it.

"From our neighboring kingdom, Anjan," he replied as he bowed and turned around to leave.

"Arjun," my brother screamed giving me a mini heart attack.

"Dude it's Anjan" 

"No...I mean Arjun. He is the prince of Anjan. I've met him twice. He is a very strict guy. I bet he wrote something for me," he said clasping his hands in excitement. He sometimes acts like a six-year-old.

"It's from the king, Dev. There is nothing written by Arjun," my father replied still engrossed in the letter.

Dev gave a disappointed look but smiled again within a fraction of a second.

"Maybe I could write to him, asking him to teach some of his ruthlessness to Dharani," he said mockingly. I gestured him to stop but he went on and on.

"He is your polar opposite, sister. Way too strict. People in his kingdom fear him more than the king. They are afraid to speak his name though he isn't that bad. I think it is because most of the culprits will be half dead by the time they receive their judgment. There were numerous times the king just let them go because he felt they were punished far more than what they deserved. There is this one time, where he accidentally hit the wrong person and...."

"Stop it," I said. This guy, whatever his name is, seemed to be a really ruthless person and I am not interested in his life story. So I excused myself and walked outside while Dev was still following me paying no attention whatsoever that I am not interested in finding more about this guy.

"Yeah, so he hit the wrong person and then he literally went to the king and told him about his mistake. He also apologized in front of the whole courtroom and requested the king to punish him."

"What?" I asked in surprise. I thought such a man would have tons of ego and would consider himself to be a perfect flawless man. This guy, on the other hand, not only accepted his mistake but did it in front of the whole courtroom. Moreover, he actually wanted to be punished.

"There is more," Dev added. "The king sentenced him to two weeks of imprisonment, but he felt that was too short. So he locked himself in his own room for another couple of weeks. That is Arjun for you. Wait...for you. Oh wait...you...both would make a great weird pair," he said as he clutched his stomach and laughed uncontrollably.

"Thank you and get lost," I said as I closed the door of my room leaving him outside. Dev gets the weirdest thoughts sometimes. He is mad. There is no reason I would marry him. Never!

(Hello everyone. Thank you for making it till here. Please vote and comment on the story. I would love to hear your opinions. Also, the next chapter will be released on 16 October. Thank you. Love you all)