CHAPTER 16

Dharani's POV:

I went to Arjun's room to check if he was awake and I wasn't wrong. He was already awake and was setting his hair.

"Thanks," he smiled the moment he saw me, "Shall we go?" 

I nodded.

"They didn't eat anything," I said.

"Who?" he asked calmly.

"The trainees. They didn't have the time to..."

"These guys seriously are a nightmare to deal with" he whispered and stormed towards the training grounds. Really Arjun? You tortured them all night and you call them a nightmare? I followed him behind.

"Why the hell did you not have your breakfast?" he asked them in a low but commanding voice. Honestly, if I were one of the trainees I would have preferred him to shout. At least I would know he is angry. Sometimes knowing that you are screwed is better than guessing the probability of being screwed.  All the trainees were too terrified to answer. It's like they couldn't figure out if Arjun was being genuine or sarcastic. So I decided to answer on behalf of them.

"Probably because they hadn't slept well and decided to gain some sleep time," I replied. "We should consider giving them time to eat."

"What's wrong with you, Dharani?" he asked. There was an instant shift of tone from commanding mode to be polite mode and to be honest, I like how he respects me and how he changed his tone while talking to me.

"Acharya says we shouldn't learn anything on an empty stomach," I added.

"This is the last time," he said as he quickly walked away without even looking at the trainees.

"Go eat something and be back as soon as you can," I said turning towards the trainees.

"Is sir angry?" one of the trainees asked looking terrified. Seriously? Was there ever a time when Arjun wasn't angry?

"Don't worry," I assured, "Everything will be fine. Just go eat something and do your best in the training." They all nodded and left. I was on my way to meet Arjun and calm him down when I saw Priya. She looked all excited.

"He planned something," she smiled.

"Who Priya?" I asked.

"Deepak. My husband. Guess what Dharani, he was going to assist prince Arjun."

What the hell. Deepak is so naughty and mischevious. I remember he once made a prank attack on Dev. He also pranked Priya so many times. Arjun, on the other hand, is a walking hell and Deepak has no idea of it. Neither does Priya. She thinks Arjun is a calm and romantic person What if Deepak does something that he is not supposed to do.

"Wait...Deepak planned something? What in the world did he plan?" I asked.

"A prank attack. On prince Arjun. Just like how he did with Dev."

OMG. I clasped my hand against my forehead. 

"Priya you silly girl. Stop him before Arjun kills him," I said as I started running towards Arjun's room followed by Priya.

As I approached Arjun's room, I was shocked by what I saw. Arjun's sword was on Deepak's neck. One move and Deepak would be killed.

"Arjun wait, I can explain this," I said.

"On time. Every time. The one and only lawyer for all the criminals in the world is here," he said sarcastically.

"Arjun he is not a criminal. He is here to assist you and."

" kill me." he completed.

"He is my husband," Priya cried from behind.

"And who are you?" Arjun asked pointing his sword towards Priya. 

"My friend," I replied.

"No wonder he is here to kill me," Arjun said moving the sword back towards Deepak. I was pissed by his odd sense of humor but controlled myself.

"Arjun that's a prank," I said, "The sword is not real if you could bother to verify."

"I couldn't bother to verify," he replied, "What sort of a mad person would prank with Arjun?"

"Mad persons of this sort," I said pointing towards Deepak."Leave him. He is innocent."

"The entire world is innocent for you," he said pulling his sword back, "but I am not."

Deepak ran outside the room and so did Priya.

"He came to assist me and didn't bother to introduce himself. That's so rude," Arjun said staring at the door.

"Should have placed a bigger sword," I said sarcastically, "Maybe that would have given him the courage to introduce himself."

"Yeah maybe you are right," he said annoying me further.

"You seriously need to control yourself," I said in a low but commanding voice.

"I knew it was a prank. I wasn't going to kill him. Just giving him a taste of his own medicine," Arjun smiled.

 "I cannot handle you," I said as I walked out of the room. 

(Hey, guys thank you for making it till here. Please vote and comment. So the next chapter will be published on 15 November 2018.  So stay tuned)