c. 77; Lyrics

dedicated to yourmomiswet22 bc even though you're joking, you're like my first hate comment and i feel special

April 21st - 1:49pm
New York time

The bustling terminals of JFK airport surrounded me as I waited out my six-and-a-half hour layover in New York before taking off to Virginia.

Heels clicked and intercoms screeched as I stared at the composition book in my lap, trying to think of something to add to my already sloppy lyrics. Emotions coursed through my blood, but they're ones I've already written down. Nothing new was going through my mind, even when thinking of the moments from the past week.

Euphoria washed away and I soon began to long for the feeling once more. The quick shot of happiness sending adrenaline to me, livening my state and keeping me going. Like a drug, I needed more, praying to find a source. And as if on cue, a voice sounded through, cancelling out every other noise in the airport.

"Corbyn!" An all too familiar voice made my head snap up, finding the set of eyes and paler skin I missed more than anything.

Josie, stop it. You have Josie! My brain told me, but all I could think of was Christina, the girl in front of me now.

"Hi," I spoke breathlessly, still taking in her features. It's been months since I've seen her, and all the time did her justice. Her hair still short, face clear of all products and acne not visible to the naked eye. I knew the second I'd see her again, I'd fall apart from what I did. Pulling her close and try and wash away all the thoughts that consumed me. Ones I made lyrics before anything else-and still do.

I looked down to my notebook, writing something down before slamming it closed and standing up, putting my hand out to shake hers. She denied it though, wrapping her arms around my ribs and smiling against my chest, letting the euphoria fill me once more.

I quickly snaked my arms around her shoulders, wanting to sway back and forth like we did in her apartment.

The scene played out in my head as I saw her crying, tears staining her beautiful skin and hair matted down to hide the stains, leaving her broken like fine china. I felt awful, not wanting a repeat as I broke away from the hug. Not from a thought of Josie, but a crying Christina.

"How's the business going?" I asked, trying to not make anything worse or awkward. She could feel it, but let it go as she started talking about how she's been since the last time I saw her. Facial products, clothing, YouTube, and anything else she could easily accomplish, she did. She conquered her greatest goals and I still don't have a doubt in my mind about her overcoming more.

"You're doing well too. With all the sold copies and your new girl. You guys seem really happy together," she beamed, and it all seemed genuine. She's not jealous of Josie or angry that I moved on, and I guess it's all because she wanted me happy.

I nod my head before we stand in silence for a few moments, letting each other's presence fill all our thoughts. She stared down at the carpeted floor, looking up to meet my eyes when I wasn't staring at the digital time board to my right.

"Do you have time to go out?" She questioning, looking to me hopefully. I felt a pang in my heart, and I knew there's no way I could say no, even if I was forced to.

"I have to be back by four, so yeah," I smiled, grabbing my bag and notebook. She turned off, going to the luggage claim to get her bags. She must've come in from somewhere, no having to deal with any layover.

_____

The tingly feeling of the warm coffee made me smile as I listened to Christina talk about a book she started in January. The smile on her face and glimmer in her eyes showed how intriguing the book was to her, leaving a print on her mind to affect her life.

Much like the lyrics I wrote when something like this intrigued me. My eyes lit up and heart raced from the idea, leaving a feeling inside me that could only be explained as satisfaction. I was helping out more than myself, and if the lyrics made it though, the could leave the same feeling on someone else.

"The book reminded of us. Even though it ended sadly, it gave me lessons I'll use in my everyday life, so I thanked the book for opening my eyes to how important you were and are to me," she beamed as I finished my coffee. I almost choked, thinking that I had such an impact on her.

Guess loving someone does things to you.

~{-}~

this chapter is actual ass bc idk how to write

writer's block isn't fun

like i have an idea, just don't know how to write or convey it without totally ruining it

10/28/18