Epilogue

dedicated to ChaoticallyCass bc she's helped write this book and has been read number one since day one

also, i know mlb ends in october, but we'll make it november for the sake of the story. the intro and epilogue will match up, so that's why we gotta pretend

November 25th, 2023 - 7:09pm
New York time

The bright light shined in the faces of her and I as we moved along the sidewalks of Bronx, hand in hand. The cool breeze passed through as she gripped her jacket tighter around her as I squeezed her hand, loving the feeling of the band on her finger against mine when we held hands. I sent her a quick smile when she looked over as we picked up our pace, avoiding the paparazzi as they followed us to the stadium.

Ashley and Jordan already were at the stadium, for her brother couldn't make the game, but we still would have fun. The Yankees played the Blue Jays and all she talked about was seeing a baseball game before we got married. She wanted a clique picture at the game, hand in hand with the ring.

That, and I got asked to sing the anthem after the band broke off a year ago. We all finished music and tried new hobbies in the production and entertainment industry, still keeping a tight knit family amongst the five of us, plus the girlfriends and fiancés.

"So how's your birthday coming along, pretty boy?" Her doe eyes looked up to me, still taking my breath away from the beauty in them. The little specks around her pupils and vibrant colours made them perfect, even if she didn't care for them herself.

"It's going great, pretty women," I smiled back, planting a chaste kiss on her curly hair, before turning into the ticket booth entrees, showing our tickets to an employee and heading forth.

The lights shining down on the field looked beautiful under the stars, showing of the clear night sky. I felt her pull me along as we neared our section, having to descend down to the first five seats behind first base for the home team, one I haven't rooted for yet.

"Corbyn! Christina! Down here!" Ashley yelled as Christina quickened her pace, breaking my gaze from the Blue Jays dugout, the team I rooted for those six months between September 2018 and February 2019.

"Hey, sorry you're brother couldn't make it. We love the seats though," Jordan added as she took her seats, releasing my hand as I went off to where the sound crew would hook wires and give me a mic to sing.

People continued to filter in through the gates, making road blocks in every possible pathway. It was as if I was back in the airports and fans would group around the band and I to say hi and take pictures. Hands flying and having to dodge elbows made my body sway back and forth with the current, it stuck against others. I continued to apologize as I followed behind a couple and their son, all wearing Blue Jays attire. The soft smiles and happy giggles warmed my heart, and it reminded me of the times I would babysit Josie's niece with her. The bubbly kid would talk and slobber everywhere as Josie and I became makeshift parents for the night, having to feed and change the diaper of the small human. It never failed to make me happy and enjoy my time, it just all ended on terms I still regret more and more as the days pass. But, I feel happier with Christina now.

Quickly taking a turn to the group of workers and putting on my best mask, I told them my business and they led me down the stairs to networks of hallways under the field. Each led to room that would either filter into the stands or dugouts, where I would head out of. The room I entered was brighter than outside, three different lamps on as various makeup lights sat on counter tops for the commentators and news anchors to put on their makeup before the cameras were shoved in their faces. Sadly, I was in the group of caked on concealer and subtle highlight to make my skin "pop under the lights."