I : Halloween

October 31st - 8:55pm
California time

The twisting roads of Los Angeles were before Corbyn and Josie as they wandered around, trying to make their way to a local, under twenty-one club where they would go in dressed up, and have fun. It was the least they could do before Josie disappeared again for however many months until Christmas.

"Any idea what you wanna do here?" Josie questioned as the two neared the club, seeing the door closed with what Josie could only assume to be a bouncer outside, checking people. The place had people ages sixteen to somewhere in their early twenties lined up outside, dressed in something from a fully covering dress to barely anything like Regina George.

"Maybe drink something sweet and dance til our feet hurt," Corbyn spoke back, face glowing even in the dim light of the night. Josie could see all his features, especially the ocean blue eyes staring back at her with an admiration both had strongly for the other.

Her hand tightened around his and pace quickened as she anticipated to be at her first non-family party in months. She hoped a surge of euphoria and wave of adrenaline would come to life when she stepped in, but it had already started minutes prior. To be exact, the second Corbyn zipped up the back of her costume did it set in. Just, she wanted, and needed more now that the night was now coming to life around her in Los Angeles.

"Maine will never be like this," Josie stated in awe, looking around the club, taking in the blue glass bar, countless strings of lights, and probes by the booth that was the focal point of the whole club. It marveled Josie, her green eyes flickering around to everything while Corbyn stared at her in awe. He watched as she slowly, and carefully looked around, thinking how nothing could ever live up to this. He knew she'd love it, and that's the whole reason why he got them to both dress up as Cosplay characters and go out. He didn't mind the looks too, because even if others thought they looked weird, he knew how beautiful, and rather hot Josie looked right now.

Quickly pulling him to the floor and out of his trance, Josie made her way through the people, giving no cares, shoving them to move for her and Corbyn. She quickly made it to the center, smiling brightly as she turned around to see a dumbfounded Corbyn staring back at her with a look she couldn't read—and that's saying a lot for Josie was a training Psychologist.

"What?" Josie puzzled, staring back at him as he stepped closer, smiling and placing his hands on her hips.

"Let's dance," he smirked, beginning to dance to the music.

_____

The night flew by with nonalcoholic drinks and more friction than needed. Eleven o'clock came faster, followed by twelve, and than one before Corbyn said it was time to head out because people knew Corbyn, and he didn't want too much of that right now.

Now, he was walking Josie back to her hotel, discussing some new podcasts she found she had been listening to for the past week. It was two comedians talking about anything for an hour and a half once a week. Recently, it was them making jokes about tech supports, robots, and radio station pranks.

"Here I am," Josie pointed ahead as the two rounded the corner of the block, the hotel coming into view. She turned and pecked him on the lips, smiling as she pulled away and started off, leaving him on the corner. But, he didn't let her keep going, stopping her and pulling her back by her wrist.

"Why end the night early," he whispered, the same smirk from earlier coming back to his face, making Josie's blood rush to her cheeks and eyes widening from the five words Corbyn spoke.

"What did you plan on doing?" Her voice shaky as her eyes roamed his face, trying to decipher his emotions and thoughts to get a clear idea.

"Forts," he beamed, the smirk disappeared and an adorable smile shining bright. Josie rolled her eyes and hit his chest with her free hand, finding his almost crude sense of humor not as funny as he did. But, she let it go, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the apartment. He quickly caught up to her pace, walking closer to her, their arms touching. She moved her one of hand to hold his forearm while the other held his hand, pulling him close, even though he was already impossibly close, fitting like a puzzle piece to her figure.

Walking into the lobby, nodding to the receptionist as the continued their walk to elevator, the two still didn't speak a word. Everything was a comfortable silence as they simply enjoyed the others presence.

"I have shirts for me, and the one I kept from you when you visited me in Maine a while back," Josie smiled, opening the door to her room, the lights all off. She reached over and turned it on, showing Corbyn the kitchen, living room, and bedroom that were only separated by half walls.

"Alright," he smiled, the two walking to the room. Turning the corner, the dim lights still illuminated the room, showing the one suitcase and duffel bag sitting on the floor, wide open. She didn't care to put anything away in the drawers because she wasn't even staying for a full week.

"I have it here, with the sweats too," she blushed profusely, handing over the two articles of clothing as Corbyn took them graciously. She pointed to the bathroom connected to the room, actually having full walls and a door. He walked into it, turning on those lights and taking in the off-white wallpaper and grey stone countertop. The glass shower and toilet filled the rest of the space in the decently sized bathroom.

Turning to the mirror, Corbyn took his appearance for the first time in hours. His hair lost a little lift, but besides that, his blue pants, matching vest, and all other apparel still looked good to him after a night of clubbing.

Continuing to stare in the mirror, he got lost in his own thoughts. His brain went to topics he dreamed of, smiled at, and thanked the heavens above for. Josie stood on the other side of the door changing, and he hoped that's the furthest she'd ever go from him. Not across the country, or globe from him. He wanted the oxygen she'd breath to be the same as his. All he wanted was for her to be closer so he wouldn't lose her like he's done once before. He couldn't think about losing her again.

He couldn't even think of a future without her.

~{-}~

i'm listening to the tiny meat gang podcast while furiously typing this because i've had test and snow delays. i apologize for the long wait

it's my fault, i just got caught up in work. whoops

but, i still have three more bonus chapters. NOW I GOTTA WRITE CHAPTERS FOR TCAC THO. Ah!

*mrs. all american plays while i cry and type in the corner of my room*