Chapter 5

Beth

"No, I am not wearing that," I said looking at the outfit Claire's stylist held up.

"And why the hell not?" He snapped.

"Because it looks like something I'd wear to my funeral," I snapped back.

Marquise scoffed, "do you have any idea who designed this?"

I rolled my eyes, "Beyonce could've crapped that out for all I care and I still wouldn't wear it." which was a lie because if Beyonce did crap it out I'd at least consider it because...duh it's the Queen Bee.

Marquise was livid, literally shaking but I didn't care.

"Why can't I go like this?" I gestured to my current outfit. I had black skinny jeans with a cropped band tee and my low cut converse on my feet.

"Because you look like an angsty teenager, who has no business being with an actress like Claire," he threw the outfit at me which I caught. "Now put this on."

I was about to cuss him out when Claire came out of the makeshift changeroom in the living room wearing a white dress that came up just above the knee and nude heels.

"What's all the commotion about? It sounded like world war 3 was about to start."

I couldn't lie, she looked pretty but then again, she always looked pretty, which would be really annoying if Claire wasn't so nice all the time.

"Why does she get to wear that, while I'm stuck with this...mess?" I held the outfit up to my body and cringed in the mirror.

I heard Claire laugh as she looked through the rack of clothes against the wall. 

"Because I trust her with her fashion choices," he waved a sassy finger at me, "you, not so much."

Before I had a chance to retaliate, a hanger was thrust into my hands, replacing the one Marquise gave me.

"Try this one, I think it would suit you better," Claire said.

I let out a frustrated sigh as I slipped into the change room.

"Claire, honey. I love you and I said that I trust your fashion choices, but your choice in women is questionable. At least her fashion choices are," I heard him say.

Claire giggled, "she keeps me on my toes."

"I'm sure she does," he replied unamused.

I finished putting on the outfit and stepped out.

Claire's eyes landed on me and her eyes lit up, "you look great!" She beamed.

I looked in the mirror and I had to admit, I didn't look too bad. Gone was the cropped top, skinny jeans, and chucks. In its place was a striped navy blue and white top, a fitted navy blue blazer, white shorts, and white heels. It wouldn't be my go-to outfit but I was seriously considering changing up my style now that I knew I looked good in something other than skinny jeans.

Marquise grunted as he started putting outfits back into garment bags. I strode over to Claire and leaned in, "Claire, I don't want to tell you how to live your life, but I think you should fire bozo over there." Claire laughed out loud.

Marquise's head snapped to us and it honestly scared the crap out of me. This guy had to be part owl or something. "I heard that!"

"Good! You were supposed to," I stuck my tongue out at him.

Marquise narrowed his eyes at me while Claire continued laughing quietly. "Thank you for saving me from wearing that awful outfit," I whispered.

"You're welcome."