Chapter Two

(A/N: This is terrible! Hope you like it either way :P)

_____________________________________________________________________________

“Lake!” I rolled my eyes and kept walking, earphones in, blocking the world out. “Lake!” she called again and this time I stopped and turned around.

“What do you want, Albany?”

She huffed as she got closer, looking ruffled, her blonde hair in a mess. I found myself comparing her hair to Truth’s and I quickly snapped myself out of it.

“You just made me run!” she complained.

“Ooh, you actually did some exercise! Now can I go?” I said sarcastically.

“Don’t be a smartass,” she rolled her eyes, one hand on hip, thrusting her chest out as if she was the goddamn queen. “I know you don’t like me very much-” I scoffed loudly, other people staring at us. That was an understatement. She looked at me with a disgusted expression on her face. “Anyway, I need you to give me a ride home. My car’s not working.”

“What’s wrong with it?”

“How the fuck am I supposed to know? Do I look like an electrician or something?” I almost gaped… an electrician? What was she, in grade three? “Don’t look at me like that! Just give me a ride home! I’ve had a bad day and I’m pretty sure I have chips down my bra.”

I pouted and mocked, “Aw, poor baby.”

She snapped.

“You know what? Fuck you, Lake! You don’t give two shits about anyone but yourself! No wonder you don’t have a boyfriend. Who would want to go out with your ugly piece of ass?” She walked away in a huff and I stood there, feeling guilty and slightly hurt.

Ugly ass? Ouch.

“Wow, that was harsh,” a velvet voice whispered in my ear. I jumped violently, spinning around, my body shivering at that voice. Desire immediately raced through me. “You know, maybe I’ll give her a ride home instead.”

“Truth…” I trailed off. She smirked at me and started to circle around me, extremely sexily may I add. I bit my lip, my gaze trailing down to her ass which was looking mightily fine in those jeans.

“What? Don’t you want me to?” she asked innocently. I swallowed, looking at her. The thought of her giving Albany a lift made my stomach clench painfully. Her and Albany in a car… alone. I shuddered.

“N-no, don’t,” I whispered. She cocked her head.

“You know what? Fuck it. I’d much rather give you one.” The look she gave me was hard to decipher, but either way it turned me on.

“I don’t need a lift. In case you hadn’t noticed, I have a car,” I indicated to the piece of crap that was sitting beside me. She shrugged, still smiling.

“Okay, I’ll see you around.”

She walked off, leaving me breathing heavily, her ass swaying, hypnotising me. I shook my head and got into my car, trying to turn it on.

And… it failed.

“Fuck! No!” I banged my head against the wheel, as my shitty car refused to turn on. I got out and kicked the tyres, cursing loudly. I looked around to see if anyone could help me and Truth was standing there, watching me with amusement clear on her face.

Oh, that bitch thought this was hilarious. I also had the suspicious feeling that she had something to do with it.

“You come here right now and fix my fucking car!”

She just smirked at me. “Karma’s a bitch, honey!”

Rage flared inside of me. I stalked towards her and she watched with that stupid smile on her face.

“Fine, you’re driving me home,” she made to reject but I cut her off. “Take me home, now!” I scowled at her and she rolled her eyes.

“Fine.” I followed her to the car and almost wacked her one. Of course, she had the most beautiful car in the lot. I didn’t know what type it was. I didn’t know what I was expecting, but it was certainly not a frickin’ limo. I groaned loudly, causing a curious glance towards my way.

“What?”

“Of course you’d drive something like this!” She laughed loudly at me and unlocked the car. I got into the passenger side, huffing loudly.

“You know, you’re not that special,” I said as we drove in silence for a while.  

“Oh baby, you don’t even know the half of it,” she laughed again; I had no idea what she was talking about.

“You think that you can just kiss me and-”

She cut me off, suddenly pulling the car over. What the hell was she doing?

“I think I can do anything I want to, baby.”

I shook my head, dazed by her eyes. “Your stupid eyes.” They were sparkling, looking beautiful yet sinister. Dangerous. There were so many secrets hiding behind them.

“Do you like them?” she whispered, leaning closer.

“You’re crazy,” I said, shaking my head. “I’m getting out of this car!”

“I thought you needed a lift!”

“I do, but I’d rather walk,” I retorted. I got out of the car but I only managed to get 10 metres before she was suddenly in front of me. I stopped abruptly, looking bewilderedly between her and the car.

“How did-” Her lips cut me off and I almost lost all train of thought. Until I came to my senses.

“Get off of me!” I shouted, pushing her away. The wind was whipping my hair around as cars shot past us on the highway. I bet I looked a mess, but she was beautiful, as always. Her eyes were glistening, as if she was about to start crying. I felt guilty.

“I’m not gay!” I shouted lamely.

“Neither am I.”

“Then why-?”

“I’m sorry if I’m attracted to you Lake.” She rolled her eyes, back to her normal self. I scowled and turned around, walking back to the car. She was not attracted to me. No way, not someone like her. I heard her sigh before following me. We got into the car in silence.

Awkward.

“I’m fairly sure you being attracted to me, a girl, makes you gay. At least bisexual,” I pointed out.

“I don’t like to put labels on it,” she frowned. It was silent again and I shifted agitatedly in my seat, biting my lip and playing with the hem of my shirt.

“Let’s just forget about it, okay?” I finally said.

“Okay,” she said simply and pulled off. Eventually we got to my house, still in total silence.

“Well, thanks for the ride.” I made to get out but she pulled me back. I gave her a warning expression but she just stuck her tongue out at me before kissing my cheek.

“Relax baby, I wasn’t going to do anything.”

She winked, pushed me out of the car, and drove away.

What the actual fuck?

Who does that?!

Who was Truth?