Chapter Five

(A/N: Sorry for the long wait guys! And ugh! Wattpad has rated this R, sorry :( Please keep reading though! Love you all <3)

______________________________________________________________________________

“Hey, you okay? Get up,” the familiar gruff voice of the detention supervisor invaded my personal space and I shot up quickly, panting. That was a mistake as the room started spinning.

“Oh, my head.”

I looked around and realised I was still in the classroom. Then everything came flooding back and I glanced out the window, expecting to see Truth turning into a bird.

Oh man, I’m going crazy.

“I have to go!” I exclaimed and raced out of the door, not caring that I was about to have the biggest headache in history. I heard the splutters from the teacher but I ignored it and raced outside to the empty car park and to my shit piece of car. I got in and turned the key, hearing the engine roar and then die.

Oh fucking hell! Not again!” I got out and kicked my tire. Suddenly, somebody tapped my shoulder and I was so jumpy, I screamed, turning around and putting my hands up.

“Whoa! It’s just me!” My eyes widened as I saw those beautiful, purple eyes. I was speechless for a moment, remembering what I had seen and I backed into my car. She frowned. “What’s wrong Lake?”

Was she really going to pretend nothing had happened?!

“You bloody well know what’s wrong. Freak,” I spat without thinking. I didn’t mean it. God, I didn’t mean it, and I regretted it as soon as the words came out. Hurt crossed her face but then her features turned cold and hard. “I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it.”

“You know full well that you did,” she hissed. “I thought you were different. Ugh! I’m so stupid!” She looked away, not before I saw the tears glistening in her eyes. I felt so guilty. I hated myself right then. “Albany was right, you don’t care about anyone but yourself.”

That hurt a lot more than it should have. I wanted to cry.

“Truth…” I trailed off, automatically reaching out to take her hand. I wanted to console her. I wanted to make her feel better.

“Don’t touch me,” she snapped, but she didn’t make any move to walk away. I leaned in closer to her.

“I’m so sorry, Truth. I was scared.”

“You’re always scared,” she scoffed, still not looking at me. I frowned.

“I just found out that you can turn into a bird and that that weird guy can turn invisible!” I said indignantly. Her eyes widened and she put her fingers on my mouth.

“Shut up idiot,” she looked around, as if expecting someone to appear. “You can’t talk about that so loud!” Her hands were still on my mouth and I stuck my tongue out and licked her in an attempt to get her off of me. She just smirked at me.

“You’re going to have to do more than that.”

I growled against her hand and wacked her away from me.

“Look, either you tell me what just happened, or I… I’ll go to the police,” I said trying to sound braver than I actually was. She rolled her eyes.

“They won’t believe you, duh. Don’t you watch movies?”

She was clearly laughing at me and I screamed in frustration. “You can’t expect me to forget this, Truth!” She turned on me, looking angry. But I realised she was more angry with herself.