Nine

Louis was speechless. He certainly was not expecting to kiss Harry, let alone for the guy to have the same feelings for him. Louis had been a complete dick to Harry, worse than Harry was to him. He didn't understand why he would even want to be around him in a friendly way.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked, looking at him with genuine concern. "You look like you're going to faint."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," Louis squeaked. "I didn't expect that."

Harry chuckled. "I didn't think I'd do that. I'm not really dominant like that."

"Trust me, baby, I know," Louis smirked. With the snap of his fingers, though, the mood changed back to serious. "Why did you?"

"Why else would I, Louis?" Harry questioned. "I obviously feel the same way about you. Before you ask me why, I don't know. I really don't. You're an arsehole, Louis. I don't know why, but I'm so attracted to you."

Despite being called an asshole, Louis was happy to hear that. "I don't know why either. You're definitely someone that I would never go for. Definitely not my type. But like you, I'm so drawn to it."

"So, I guess there was a reason that we fucked at Li's party then," Harry stated.

"Even though we don't remember it, I guess so," Louis laughed. "What does this make us?"

Harry took a minute, looking around the room. "Let's not put a label on it yet. I'm not really one for labels anyway."

Not one for labels? That wasn't really how Louis rolled - he was the kind of guy that needed to know because it didn't have as much confusion or anything surrounding it. It was straightforward - well, not really straight. Either way, it was defined.

"You look hesitant," Harry stated, picking up on Louis' social cues.

"Hesitant? What do you mean?" Louis asked, hoping that his acting skills were up to par.

"Like you don't like that answer," Harry clarified with a half-hearted giggle. "Do you want to label us something?"

"I mean, I would prefer to because it gets weird otherwise, but if you don't want to, than we don't have to," Louis told him.

"Wow, Louis Tomlinson compromising for me? I'm shocked," Harry teased.

"Relationships are about compromise, my dear Harold," Louis joked, slightly but not really.

"I'm honored," Harry joked and then turned the conversation serious. "This means that you're not leaving then, right?"

A small smile crept onto Louis' thin lips, now that he knew where he stood with Harry. "No, I'm not leaving. I mean, if you don't want me to."

"Of course I don't want you to. I don't just passionately kiss people in my apartment and then kick them out. Jeez, Lou, what kind of person do you take me for?" Harry joked.

"Hey, you never know. There are people out there who would do some grand gesture and then boot me out," Louis told him with a joking manner. "But I won't leave. Just because you told me not to."

Harry leaned forward and gave Louis a sweet peck on the lips. "Thank you."

----

Harry didn't expect to be starting out the new year in a relationship, especially with someone that was his sworn enemy not that long ago. Though, he wasn't at all mad about it. He had a tendency to strongly dislike people and things before he liked them - or even loved - them. Turns out that Harry was yet another case of that.