Chapter 3

Again: Thank you all so much for reading this book! I could not begin to explain how happy that makes me. Please comment and vote, it would mean the world to me!

The bell rang rather loudly and within seconds the classroom was deserted. Although school was not near finished, I was out of energy already. This happened to me quite often and I guessed it had something to do with my night owl tendencies. Marek had waited by the door and he followed me to my locker.

I had several glossy photographs hanging in my locker, other than that it was near bare. Several textbooks lay piled on top one another and a couple of pens lay scattered beside them. Marek's fingers snatched a photo away from under its round magnet and he chuckled.

The photo was only taken several years ago. I still had the same shoulder-length hazel hair, and the same chocolate brown eyes. My cheekbones stood out then more than they do now, even though they are still the most prominent feature in my face. My body hasn't changed by much either, my used to be considered willowy, but I have now grow into my height and am nothing above average. My mother would often describe me as a delicate feather, because I looked like I was made out of china. 

"Is this you?" He questioned innocently. I nodded. "You look pretty." It was something every normal teenage girl would expect her boyfriend to say, but to hear those words come from his mouth was almost too sweet. Once that thought processed it all clicked, that bastard was trying to sweet talk me into falling in love.

I walked a little too merrily to the end of the hall, once I reached the front entrance that lead outside to the tables his friends would always sit at I called, "Come on now darling," and left the building.

Marek trailed behind me like a drooling puppy, but that wasn't enough yet. He needed to really feel the heartbreak when this ended, and to top that off, he would no longer be football captain by then.

The tables were infamous at this school. It was the place to be. The tables were the place the cool kids, and only the cool kids, belonged. I, naturally, never took initiative to come anywhere near those tables and was therefore never denied. Although, with my status, I'm sure they would've let me stay. Marek was at home at these four navy blue tables, he ran over to greet his friends in some lively, manly version of a hug. Spinning round dramatically, he pulled my hand so I stood beside him and introduced me to the whole group.

"This is my girlfriend Alessa," he announced. Murmurs passed around the tables but I was too nervous to tell if they were good or bad. Probably bad. The stare I got from some tall and not particularly academically talented blonde girl could account for that. Although, now that I think of it, I remember hearing something about them going out earlier this year.

Marek has had what one could call a disastrous love life. Many women have come and gone, none have stayed longer than three weeks. Why? I couldn't tell you, and neither could anyone else at this school. Marek wasn't really a player, despite the facade he put up. Most people couldn't see through his transparent act but when you deal with heartbreak, you learn to recognise it in others. Why he would fake such a thing is beyond me. Status? Social pressure?

I was dragged on to one of the benches and introduced to the whole gang. There were three that stuck out to me, and by that I mean aren't complete jerks. Aiden, he wasn't muscular but still landed himself a spot on the football team due to his unbelievable talent in producing and executing strategies. Louis, with the curly hair and cheesy shirt, and Rory. Rory stood out to me at first because of his beautiful mocha skin, and then because of his unruly black hair. He had a stunning smile across his face and was radiating positivity.

Marek looked like he belonged to the team. His athletic build, buff muscles and wind-swept dirty blond hair made him stand out. And the fact that he had a trail of hopeless girls following him everywhere, that stood out a little as well. 

I got along surprisingly well with the team. So well in fact that I had earned myself a nickname, 'Lessa. I remembered reading somewhere that men couldn't resist girls who got along with their friends. Take that Marek!

The last period was Gym, something I was not exceedingly bad at. But I lacked talent either way. Today was one of the easier lessons, after the ten minute warm-up we were split up in to two teams and ordered to play some game where the aim is to throw soft balls at the other team. You die if you get hit. Real Kindergarten stuff, I know.

Only, what I didn't expect to happen was getting hit by Marek. He had snuck up behind me while I was focusing on someone else and hit the small of my back with the blue balls. I spun round and sat down, never releasing my glare. He crouched next to me, then checked if anyone was in the area, and whispered, "You look beautiful."

He stood up to leave and flashed me a lop-sided grin. I was not falling for this, I don't like losing. And definitely not to Marek. I resolved to counter-attack tomorrow. All I needed to do now was find that tall blonde who couldn't help but glare at me earlier. The leggy blonde would have insider information on Marek. 

Exactly what I needed. 

If you perhaps liked this chapter, or are hoping for a next one; could you consider voting or commenting? It would mean so much to me and motivate me to write chapters quicker!