Chapter 6

This story has over 40 reads... 40 READS! I was in some sort of bubble of intoxicated happiness for a couple hours after I saw. I was mentally prepared for this story to get no reads, my only aim was to get over my fear of publishing my work online. I want to thank every single person whose eyes are scanning over these words right now, for being the most supportive audience ever. Anyway, I'm done being sappy. Enjoy the story!

I felt a little bad. Maybe even more than a little bad. Marek was a good guy from what I had seen over the past couple days. But my past really couldn't get out. Nobody could know what I was involved in, especially if there were police reports to prove it.

That morning, by the tables, Rory and I sat closer than we should've. As a result, Marek spent the Chemistry class burning holes into Rory's back. We made eye-contact once during the entire lesson, but as soon as I gave him a questioning glance, he looked away.

And that's how it stayed for the rest of the day. Him staring daggers at Rory, and me, observing his every move for proof he was in love.

My only problem? Possessiveness and love were two very different emotions, and although they could sometimes overlap, one did not mean the other.

Marek had promised he would pick me up tonight, but I was seriously doubting he would show up. We had planned to go to one of Rory's infamous parties. Our first event as 'couple'.

Just as I pulled out my phone to call him, a loud engine roaring could be heard from the beginning of the street. I gave my unbelievably short crimson dress one last tug and walked over to his car.

His face lit up when he saw me, with my figure-hugging dress and loud glossy coal black heels. My phone was held in a small black clutch that was decorated with delicate black gems. I had spent longer than I should've pulling my hair back so it looked prestigious, yet still rushed.

This is why I don't dress to impress, it's painstaking.

The ride there was done in comfortable silence, but I managed to steal a couple of glances at Marek. He wore a pair of black Adidas sneakers, a lose but sexy red sweater and denim jeans. I silently cursed the male gender for looking so good so easily.

The house we pulled up to was at least three floors, stretching over a large lawn. The party was in full swing, the stench of alcohol pungent and there were already people slumped over on benches.

I knew what bad could come from alcohol. The things it could make you do were all very real to me from a young age. I had never touched a drop of alcohol, and didn't ever intend to.

"Alessa!" Rory exclaimed, as me and Marek walked through the door hand in hand.

"Rory!" I replied with equal enthusiasm. I could feel Marek's hold on me strengthen, and decided not to reach out and hug Rory as I'd first intended to do.

"Drinks are over there," he pointed towards a table filled with plastic cups. "We've got whiskey, vodka, beer and maybe I could find you some gin, what do you want?"

Marek's asked for a cup of beer, while I declined respectfully. When I declined, I could feel Marek's eyes boring into me. I met his gaze and was pleasantly surprised at the sheer level of understanding behind his hazel eyes. I felt a blush creeping up my neck and looked away. I was never this vulnerable.

And what was the weird steering feeling in my stomach?

It must be because Marek knows so much about me, I pondered dreamily. I had found a place on one of the gigantic couches in Rory's living room. It was in the middle of all the commotion, but that calmed me. There was chaos all around me and I prided myself on the ability to stay calm.

Marek woke me from my reverie my offering his hand to me. "Dance with me?" He suggested, his words were slurred and his eyes looked glossy, as though he wasn't fully there. I took him up on the offer nonetheless.

He dragged me through the maze of people and pulled me towards his body forcefully. And passionately. The music was upbeat, but he still kept me leaning on his muscular chest. He swayed me rather sloppily, and I swayed along.

Then the song stopped, and he pulled back. My curious expression was reflected in his hazel eyes. And then he started to lean in.

And my curious expression turned to bewilderment. 

Ohhhhh, cliffhanger. 

I couldn't resist. I'm really sorry... ok maybe not. I'll try update quickly because I know, from personal experience, how annoying cliffhangers can be. It would make my day if you could vote and comment.