Chapter 5

Hello again, I am so grateful for all the comments you all left in this book. If I could tell you in words how much it meant I would, but the feeling is indescribable joy. If it wouldn't be to much of a pain, would you all mind commenting and voting? It makes my day. Now, on with the story. 

As promised, I left the house in a skirt that barely touched my knees and a blouse that was just a tad bit see through. I had packed a long jacket in my school bag, just in case I got sick of guys googling me. But I doubted that was going to happen anyway. They had way better material to google at, by which I mean that there is at least one cheerleader in every class I attend.

I took one last look in the mirror. I had added some subtle waves in my hazel hair and left it loose for the first time in a while. Usually, I tied it up in a ponytail and forgot about it. My eyes stood out for the first time in a while, having applied heavy layers of mascara and nude eyeshadow. My long legs were perfectly suited for the black ankle boots I found at the back of my closet and some of the less childish bracelets I had from elementary school still fit around my wrists.

I looked like a skimpy, attractive high school student. Of course, I also looked a thousand other things, such as a manipulative master mind and a girlfriend willing to kiss up to their boyfriend to get what they wanted.

I took pride in saying I was both of those, especially manipulative.

I grinned at that thought and headed towards the front door in my house. The outfit caused some eyebrows to be raised as I passed the kitchen, which held my mother, father and two siblings. But it would all be worth it when I saw Marek's face.

'Excited' couldn't even start to describe what I was feeling.

My father's car pulled up at school and he gave me one final questioning look before I got out. I walked over to the tables sassily and some heads definitely turned. The look on Rory's face could easily tell me that he respected me for going to such an extent to achieve what I wanted.

Marek's back turned slowly but very steady. His eyes landed on me and a grin tugged at his face. He surveyed me once, then twice, raised an eyebrow and invited me to sit. Making sure I accidentally brushed my leg with his, I took a seat between him and Rory.

Rory and I shared a smile, his smile showing nothing short of admiration towards my actions. Something I would pride myself with days to come.

Then I heard a low, guttural growling noise coming from beside me.

Rory quirked up an eyebrow, clearly as confused as I was. His expression was enough to make me laugh, but that only increased the guttural growling from beside me. Finally, I broke Rory's gaze and the growling stopped.

Nonetheless, I turned around and saw Marek with anger flaming in his chestnut eyes.

Nobody mentioned what happened at the tables, and by lunch it seemed forgotten. Except by me, and apparently Rory, because he sent a note across the table during Chemistry asking me to talk after school. I nodded my agreement and things were settled.

I met him behind the school. A place where only smokers would usually hang out, and therefore, it was never very crowded. Luckily, that meant it was a very reliable place to talk without anyone hearing.

"What the hell was that Rory, has he done that before?" I barked, letting my curiosity get the better of me.

His eyes sparkled with amusement and he was radiating positivity, "Only once, and he loved that girl. You are so on the right track!" He exclaimed, offering his hand for a high-five.

I chuckled at his childish enthusiasm but pressed on, "Well then, tell me!"

"Ok so, they were dating.. two years ago, I think. They had been going out for several months and the girl, Amber I think her name was, outright flirted with another guy in front of him. He was so mad but they broke up only after Marek saw them making out in an empty classroom. Let's just say the girl left and the guy had a broken nose after that," he sang merrily, as if it was the best news that could grace the planet.

"And... why is this good exactly?" I questioned.

"He loved her. So if he did this to you, it means you have either won already or you are going in the right direction. Now, I have a plan," he grinned evilly. Now we could relate. "We keep 'flirting' and he'll get madder and madder until he will confess his feelings to you."

I was starting to get the gist of this plan but one thing didn't make sense, "And why would you help me?"

"It would do Marek good to get a girlfriend, sleeping around must get awfully boring," he sang, before devilishly adding, "plus, I want that football captainship."

I grinned. This was exactly the kind of person I should be teaming up with. I offered my hand and he shook it, deal sealed.

Marek didn't know what was coming for him. 

Ah well, did anyone see this coming. 

What are your opinions on Rory? Good deal or bad deal? 

Who else is loving the possessive vibe Marek is giving off... Now if only he could do more than just growl? Eh? 

Seriously though, thank you all so much for reading and I would love it if you voted and commented on this chapter.