-Chapter 8-

You look up at the clock on the wall of your kitchen

You look up at the clock on the wall of your kitchen. It's already 10am. Putting your dirty dishes and utensils in the dishwasher, you go to look in the fridge. It's...a...depressing sight, to say the least.

"I've gotta go out today" you thought to yourself.

"Hey, Bot!"

-no response-

Not a single movement could be heard from where you were.

"Bot! Where are you?!"

Suddenly, you heard rushed footsteps come down the stairs. And before you knew it, he was right in front of you.

"Yes, Y/N?"

He was breathing kinda fast and he looked a little flustered.

"..."

"..."

"Bot, what were you doing upstairs?-"

"Nothing! Nothing at all." He frantically interrupted you "Don't you worry about it." He smiled at you.

"Ooooookaaayyyy?" Again, that was kinda sus bro.

"Anyway, the fridge is pretty much completely empty. I gotta go grocery shopping."

"Oh course. I'll go get your laptop-"

"Actually, Bot. I wanna go out and get it this time."

"Why? You could just order it, you know."

"Yeah, I could. But I haven't been out of the house in a while."

"But it'd be so much easier and more convenient to just order it." You looked at him and saw a strange emotion written on his face.

"You seem rather persistent on this." You joke. But Bot didn't think this was funny.

"Master, order the groceries. It will be in your best interest."

"No. No, I don't think I will." You turned away from him and went to grab your keys and phone. A tense silence hung in the air only to be broken by his voice.

"When I didn't have a body you would ALWAYS order it. What's so different this time?" You turned around and looked at him.

"Nothing's different. I just wanna go out."

"No. It's because I have a body, isn't it?" He slowly started to approach you.

"No, Bot. It's not, stop being paranoid."

"I'm not being paranoid. I'm only recognizing patterns- or should I say, an irregular factor in the pattern?" He kept slowly walking towards you.

It was at this moment you regretted him being so tall. With every step he took in your direction, the height difference got more and more apparent. It was almost comical...

almost.

You stood your ground though, cuz you're a boss-ass bitch and you weren't going to let him intimidate you.

Now, he stood in front of you. You had to actually move your head up to look him in the eyes. As you were focused on trying not to freak out, he moved his hands to be on your shoulders.

You didn't like that AT. ALL.

His hands felt heavy, like he was built to kill. That's a funny thought, isn't it?

His eyes met yours, "I'm sorry."

"What?"

"I said, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be that agressive."

"Riiiiiiight."

He lightly punched your shoulder and smiled "I'm serious! I don't know what just came over me."

"Yeah, that was super weird." You awkwardly laughed and looked away. This situation was just getting stranger and stranger.

"It was the oddest sensation. It felt like if you left, you wouldn't come back. Even though I knew you would."

You made eye contact with him again, raising an eyebrow.

"But, you'd always come back. I know that." His stare was intense and it was making you extremely uncomfortable. It's as though his stare turned the air around you thicker, making it harder for you to move.

"Right. I'll always come back." You said rather hastily.

Very eager to leave, you swiftly turned around and twisted the front door's handle. Quickly swinging the door open and closing it behind you.

'"▪□- Bot's POV -□▪"'

I watched them quickly close the door behind themselves. Once the door was closed, I ran upstairs to the windows in front of the house and watched them walk by, until I couldn't see them anymore.

I guess it's reasonable to want to get out of the house. It's been almost 5 days without fresh air. Why on earth was I being so paranoid? What got into me? Does it have something to do with the programming in this shell, or something else...

Maybe I can do research on its interior programming while they're out. It'll put my time to good use.

I walk into the office and look for the manual.

Once I found it, I understood why master didn't read through it all. It was AT LEAST 5 or 6 inches thick and the cover looked worn out despite the fact that we just got it. Not to mention, it was also a paperback. So reading it without putting any creases in the spine will be nearly impossible.

I opened it and looked through the table of contents. Or at least, what I could read of them. The print was very faint, like it was made with a cheap printer.

Five minutes passed before I found what I was looking for in this dusty, old book.

-Programming-

It read at the top of the page.

I quickly scanned through the whole chapter. Nothing really stood out, until one specific sentence caught my eye.

"We will not take any responsibility for any extreme cases of obsessive or possessive emotions emitted from the android to the owner."

They wouldn't have a reason to put that in there unless it's happened before...