Perfect Hook: 06

Chapter Six

Camilla and I are no longer emotional wrecks by the time we reach the restaurant.

"How fancy," she remarks and links our arms as we enter.

We're no longer in Stratford, but practically the complete opposite side of London; Westminster.

I glance around in awe as we enter. The restaurant itself is very sleek and bright; the chandeliers reflect upon the marble floors and bright walls. The dark furniture is almost a questionable choice, but somehow it ties everything in. "Storm said they've rented out the third floor," Camilla's voice drags me away from the paintings and I notice the grin enveloping her lips – despite the tone of her voice.

We're directed to the third floor where there's a ridiculously long table – I didn't even know tables that long existed. It reminds me of the ones from Harry Potter, funnily enough. I notice Storm straight away and Camilla drags me towards him, and I shy away from the fcaes that look up as we walk in.

I must admit, we look good.

I'm wearing a dark brown off the shoulder dress that Camilla gave to me, it clings to my frame, highlighting my small waist and somewhat larger hips. In contract to my auburn curls, it's stunning. I've always been a minimalist, so I've paired it with white heels and silver jewellery.

Camilla has a tight red dress on and it hugs her in all of the right places. Her hair is sleeked back into a tight bun and eyes have been on her since she entered the room. Storm included. I almost feel like I'm interrupting in an intimate moment.

"Hey, Callista," Storm pulls me into a brief hug and I smile brightly at him, mumbling a response coherent enough. When I first met him, I couldn't ever understand how he and Camilla meant to be; particularly when he was so nice and nothing like her usual type. Now, I understand and realise it's probably a good thing. He's certainly changed her for the better; she's more open than I remember, and I have an immense respect for them both in that regard. It makes me believe that one day, I might have that with someone; a partner I can share my fears with. Maybe someone who can eventually tear me out of the black hole I've sunk in since Adam died.

There are two empty seats beside him, I pull up the one further away so that Camilla can sit beside him. His arms are around her almost immediately.

As the two lovebirds talk, I turn to my phone and notice a text from Julian. As I skim over the words, I meet his eyes across the table. He grins deviously at me and waves and I can't help the smile that graces my lips. Much like the other men in the room, he's fitted into a suit that moulds around his broad shoulders. He's left the front open, revealing the simple white shirt that practically clings to his chest and it isn't until a delicate hand rests on it that I notice the woman beside him.

She stares thinly at me, her dark eyes cast into slits and warm tendrils parting her heart-shaped face. Despite the look she passes my way, even I can admit that she's beautiful with a smile that could probably knock a room of men unconscious.

I turn to my phone once again: Your date doesn't seem very happy with me.

His response is almost immediate: If she's going to get possessive on our first date, clearly isn't meant to be.

I raise a brow, hiding the phone under the table as I respond: You brought her here for a first date, really? Classy, lmao.

From across the room, I hear his loud, obnoxious snort and glance down to hide my smile.

I was going to bring my brother, but he cancelled on me to hang out with his girlfriend. AND, if anything, my playing this year has paid for both my meal and hers. I'm classy as fuck.