2

Alexis' POV

I wake up to my phone ringing beside me, I pick it up without even looking who's calling.

"Hello?" I ask in a groggy voice.

"Damn, didn't mean to wake you up sleeping beauty."

"Lucas?"

"The one and only. I was wondering if you wanted to go to breakfast with me?"

"Sure, I'd love to."

"Cool, pick you up in an hour?"

"Sounds good!"

He hangs up after saying 'bye' and I go to Marshall's room to tell him I'm going out.

When I reach his room, I see that it's empty. Huh, where could he be? I check Whitney's room too, to see that it's also empty. I go downstairs to the kitchen and see Marshall and Whitney talking over breakfast.

I catch briefly what Whitney says before I walk in, "I promise I won't tell her dad. But it's just wrong."

Tell who what? And what's wrong?

"Good morning" I say making my presence known.

"Morning" they say in unison.

"Want some waffles?" Marshall asks.

"No thanks, I'm going to go eat breakfast with a friend."

"And who might this friend be?"

"His name is Lucas."

"He's a male?" Marshall asks just to make sure he heard me right.

"Yup, I met him yesterday. He's the one that delivered the pizza yesterday."

"Alexis, he's a complete stranger. He could be a criminal for all you know. Now way you're going" Marshall exclaims.

By this time Marshall is pretty mad and Whitney is trying to calm him down.

"Dad, just let her go, I'm sure he's no harm."

"Alright fine. But, be home by lunchtime."

"Okay thanks, I'm going to go get ready."

I go upstairs to my room and pick out a nice and casual outfit.

^her outfit

^her outfit

After I'm done changing I put on light makeup and do my hair.

Once I'm done I see that Lucas will be here soon, so I wait outside for him.

He pulls up a few minutes later in a pinto car.

"Hey" he greets me

"Hey" he greets me.

I flash him a smile, "Hi."

"I was thinking we could go to this diner, I always go to?"

"Sure, sounds good."

We later pull up into the parking lot of the diner and go inside. We get seated quickly and I decide to get an orange juice with an omelet. Lucas gets a water with waffles. Our food then quickly comes out.

"So," I say trying to start up conversation, "why did you invite me here?"

He chuckles, "What? I can't get to know you?"

"You can. Just didn't think you'd be interested in me that fast. I just met you yesterday. I know nothing about you and you know nothing about me."

"Well then let's get to know each other. What's your favorite color?"

"Red. Yours?"

"Green. So what do your parents do, that you live in a big house?"

Wow, what a fast topic change.

"Umm, my parents were drug addicts. I just recently got adopted by some famous rapper, his name is Marshall, but everyone knows him by Eminem."

"No shit! You actually got adopted by the Eminem?"

"Yup!"

"That's cool."

"Yea he's great. So what about you? How was your childhood?"

"Shitty. Dad walked out and mom did everything she could to support me. She died a year ago from breast cancer. I live with my aunt now. I have to help pay the bills and shit."

"Hmm.....I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

We keep asking each other questions until it's time to go. I offer to pay at least half the bill, but Lucas insists that he pay. I actually liked that he paid and didn't make me pay just because I'm Eminem's adoptive daughter. He paid even though he knew I had money on me.

He drops me back off at the house and leaves but not without giving me a kiss on the cheek first. I blush and head inside.